Carli Long Travel Airbags installed on 07

true98jeep

Reaction score
I figured I would help out as I haven't seen any pics of these bags installed yet on any of the 05-07 Ford's. I am currently other in Afghanistan and my father at home is working on my truck for me while I am gone and started to finish up my lift install. I needed to put the bags on yet and everything was done. So he took the liberty of installing those today for me. These are not I direct open and bolt-on system some finesse and work needs to be accomplished from what he said. Again I did not complete this work but I will be glad to answer as many questions as possible and have my father relay info back. out of the 6 Bolts on the top brackets 4 had to be drilled fresh. 2 of those holes went through the B&W Goosneck Mounting plate. 2 holes already existed he stated he was able to just ream them and get it to work perfect. (He said if you don't have yours already go buy a 90 degree drill it is worth it.) Once you get pilot holes started you can drill it from the outside of the frame but you need the pilot holes first obviously.

The bottom brackets he had issues they ran directly in the the lower shock mount on the drivers side. He spoke to a Carli representative and betw them he decided he would cut of some of the top of the shock mount that was interfering. If you look closely at the lower shock mounts the shock mounts actually is supported by a pin that goes into the axle tube. the U-bolt simply sucre the mount itself to the axle. The center pin is the actually mount for it. So the top can be cut off and then the bracket can straddle the u0bolt and clear with-out interference. The bottom of the airbag bracket would sit on top of the shock mount I believe he said approx inch or so needed to be removed to seat the airbag mount to the axle tubes. Everything is on and bolted up. Will be taking the welder to weld the lower bracket to the tube to make sure it never moves and it is mounted securely. 4 nice welds that can be hit with a grinder should the need arise to remove the lower plate.

Other than the Shock mount trimming required and 4 holes need to be drilled in the frame he states it was very straightforward and the bags look great. There are zero clearance issues at all. The truck has a 5" exhaust as i was concerned with exhaust interference. As you can see by all the pics there is none and with the heat shield Carli supplies it should never be an Issue. He said the bags look great and he was impressed with the quality of the components. He said the bags are Firestone should they should be very nice. Hope this helps some guy's that may have been on the fence with going this route for the truck. I will be hooking my bags up to an on-board Viair system that I will install in july when home. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I will get answers and responses as fast as i can.

I want to thank you dad for busting your a** and helping me out with my truck. I have the most amazing father in the world and it is these times wrenching on our Sh*^ that I miss the most. Can't wait to get home so we can work on our trucks and toys together. Love you dad thanks a lot for all the help and everything you do.

009-2.JPG

010-1.JPG

019-1.JPG

020.JPG

021-2.JPG

true98jeep

Reaction score
As you can see in this set of pics here is the interfernece he was stating betw the shock mount and the base plate. Quick go at it with a cut off wheel and all is well. I hope this helps you guys, Sage I hope the Carli guys can use some of these pics to help out with others. Feel free to shoot us some Carli swag if you like hahaha. But in all honesty me and my father have been thoroughly impressed with everything attached to this Carli Pin-top system. My truck just floats over everything it is the nicest riding super duty I have personally ever been in. My father loves me being deployed right now just so that he can drive it and exercise it for me hahaha. I can't wait to get home again and play with her and enjoy before leaving. To the Carli guys you have an awesome awesome product you have done your research and it shows!! If you have ever been debating the cost and wondering if it is worth it tract me guys it is!!! I love my 8k baja truck !!!!

004-3.JPG

003-2.JPG

002-3.JPG

006-2.JPG

005.JPG

Latest posts

Members online