cat injectors

pontiacross

Reaction score
I know there has been alot of discusion about the 3126 cat injectors in the past and dont remember much about them other than they wern't any better than the IH ones. But the other day I replaced a set of injector cups on a cat C7 at work. It was the first time I had been into ones of these and I noticed they made some changes to theire injector solinoids but the base of the injector looks the same. infact I used my dt466 tools to replace the cups so evidently they havent changed the lower demintions much LOL

anyway I was wondering if anyone had done any research as to weather or not it would be possible or worth while to use this solinoid set up on one of our injectors? heck i dont think they even changed the electrical connector

c7catinjector.jpg

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
That's a bit different than the CAT injectors I have looked at....

A couple of weeks ago I was contacted by a gentleman looking for ALOT more fuel in a CAT injector for his CAT engine - he is sending me an injector to dissect and after seeing this one I hope that this is what I'm getting.... LOL

ford_trck

Reaction score
The nice thing about working in Caterpillar is seeing how things are modified sometimes. And having access to prints on a bunch of parts.

golfer

Reaction score
Ross, we regularly rebuild, modify and flow test 3126b as well as other IH & CAT injs...

nothing special @ the solenoid/poppet to consider converting any parts...

907DAVE

Reaction score
That's a bit different than the CAT injectors I have looked at....

A couple of weeks ago I was contacted by a gentleman looking for ALOT more fuel in a CAT injector for his CAT engine - he is sending me an injector to dissect and after seeing this one I hope that this is what I'm getting.... LOL

Sorry, I think you might be getting one of these.....

IMAG_0067.jpg

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Yea the last of the HEUI C7s used stacked solenoids before they switched over to common rail to meet emissions.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Sorry, I think you might be getting one of these.....

Doesn't matter all that much - If Dave says there is nothing there - then there is probably nothing there - I really didn't expect a major discovery - but it is nice once in a while to get a surprise.

pontiacross

Reaction score
Ross, we regularly rebuild, modify and flow test 3126b as well as other IH & CAT injs...

nothing special @ the solenoid/poppet to consider converting any parts...

damn had hopes maybe they did something to them to make them faster and handle more icp for emmissions.

I guy can always dream LOL

it is nice to know you guys do rebuild them though

Latest posts

Members online