Cat question???

Powerstroke127

Reaction score
Ok im wanting to get 5in straight pipe down to the truck but they wont cut the cat out. So what will that do with the cat on or is it a waste of time?

jdc753

Reaction score
sound wise its pretty close to a waste. I put on my full 5" system with 5" downpipe and with the cat in place I could notice a bit of a tone difference when up over 2k rpm, but still minor. With the cat out it was a night/day difference.

You can see about getting the adapters to make it work, and then have a "test pipe" for when the cat is off the truck.

DSC02495.jpg

My magnaflow 5" kit came with the adapters to make the cat work, as well as a "test pipe" to bypass the cat.

Powerstroke127

Reaction score
Ok i found someone to do my straight pipe with them cutting the cat off. Will that effect anything if i cut it off. Its a 2004??

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
I've had shops tell me that "if it has a cat on it I can't cut it out" meaning that if it comes in with one, he can't touch it. But if you come in without it, they can.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Powerstroke127

Reaction score
What are you trying to say just cut the cat off and leave it of call a muffler people to see if theyll do it with no cat

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
I've had shops tell me that "if it has a cat on it I can't cut it out" meaning that if it comes in with one, he can't touch it. But if you come in without it, they can.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

From a legal standpoint:

If it says CATALYST on the emissions placard under the good, it has to be on there. (Along with any other gear the label specs out)

EPA can break it off in your pooper for taking it off, either as an individual or the business that did it, or both.

kdogg85

Reaction score
Tell them it's a race vehicle. They won't warranty the work but its not a complicated job.

CCRICE

Reaction score
Another option is keep the cat and knock the internals out using a piece of wood and a digging bar... You keep the look of having the emissions stuff in place but increase flow. I myself kept my cat for emissions stuff but keep the test pipe in until I have to get checked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online