CB's in your 6.7

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I would have put one in mine for the farm, but could't think of a place to put it where it wouldn't look like crap, so I just have a hand held. Not sure if the make them for stuff like talking to truckers though.

bad12jr

Reaction score
They do. We sold a couple at the radio shack I worked at. We even had a Bnc to the standard CB antenna plug (can't remember the plug style) worked well if you put an external antenna. But didn't do much with the small antenna.

Sent from my x2 chillin in the middle of no where

cowtown

Reaction score
You have already seen mine so this is more for others looking for the same info. With the full console there really aren't many options. As you know I originally had mine in the console which sucked trying to drive and getting to it. I considered two other locations, console side pockets or modifying the console to put it where the cup holders are.

Attachments

• CB1.JPG
    CB1.JPG
    473.4 KB · Views: 211
  • CB2.JPG
    CB2.JPG
    374.7 KB · Views: 187
  • CB3.JPG
    CB3.JPG
    443.8 KB · Views: 176
  • CB4.JPG
    CB4.JPG
    349.3 KB · Views: 172
  • CB6.JPG
    CB6.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 160

17BLKplat

Reaction score
Just have to ask Don, you couldn't modify the map pocket right to the right of where you mounted the radio? Looks like that's really in the way. But that's just me.

I'll snag a pic of my radio in my 450. Without the flow through center console it leaves a real nice spot for it down by the floor.

cowtown

Reaction score
Just have to ask Don, you couldn't modify the map pocket right to the right of where you mounted the radio? Looks like that's really in the way. But that's just me.

I'll snag a pic of my radio in my 450. Without the flow through center console it leaves a real nice spot for it down by the floor.

Yeah I contemplated putting it there but preferred this location. I am 6' 5'' and there is plenty of room. This install location offered the least modification to the truck as well.

sootie

Reaction score
They do. We sold a couple at the radio shack I worked at. We even had a Bnc to the standard CB antenna plug (can't remember the plug style) worked well if you put an external antenna. But didn't do much with the small antenna.

any more info on where to get the antenna or what to buy?

17BLKplat

Reaction score
Yeah I contemplated putting it there but preferred this location. I am 6' 5'' and there is plenty of room. This install location offered the least modification to the truck as well.

Sounds good man. I noticed it looks like one bolt into the empty pocket on the console there, so that is pretty nice if you were to change it up later.

cowtown

Reaction score
Sounds good man. I noticed it looks like one bolt into the empty pocket on the console there, so that is pretty nice if you were to change it up later.

That was the deciding factor for me. I like the looks of the Uniden but am not completely sold yet on its performance. I may go back to a Galaxy 10 meter or SSB model so this install gives me some flexibility.

I was going to go all out and have the header modified (out my area of expertise) but couldn't find an installer I trusted.

TripleE44

Reaction score
I don't have a 6.7, but what's under the front set of cupholders? Just wondering. It looks like that plastic piece would pop out and give you some room to mount one at about the same angle as cowtown has his but down in there.

Jason

Reaction score
Cowtown-a man after my own heart with the Galaxy 10meter part lol. I keep tossing around putting a cb in my pickup, even with mine being a '00, I am having a hard time finding a spot for one to go, with a big heatsink on the bottom, and on the back, it makes it harder. I want to put another Galaxy 94hp in it if I put one in at all. I've thought floor mounted on it's end in front of the center console facing up, but then there's the possibility of my son kicking it all the time. Decisions decisions...

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
its just a plastic tray eric, im sure you could cut in to it and mount it that way. But for 2 years now i have been driving with all 4 cup holders up front. And you would think its something stupid, but having 4 cup holders is really nice and ive gotten extremely use to it. Dont know that i want to loose any cup holders

TripleE44

Reaction score
its just a plastic tray eric, im sure you could cut in to it and mount it that way. But for 2 years now i have been driving with all 4 cup holders up front. And you would think its something stupid, but having 4 cup holders is really nice and ive gotten extremely use to it. Dont know that i want to loose any cup holders

Ya I know what you mean. Where I had mine mounted in my 08 took away the front set of cupholders too, and its nice now having all 4. You should just screw it to the roof that way you can have the mic cord hangin down like a trucker. :thumbsup:

sootie

Reaction score
Ya I know what you mean. Where I had mine mounted in my 08 took away the front set of cupholders too, and its nice now having all 4. You should just screw it to the roof that way you can have the mic cord hangin down like a trucker. :thumbsup:

:whs: FTW!!! LOL

bad12jr

Reaction score
http://m.radioshack.com/radioshack/...hack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062626"

https://www.cobra.com/Mobile/detail/hh-38-wx-st-hand-held-cb-radio-with-weather-soundtracker.cfm

These two with any CB antenna. I liked the 4 ft firestik I had on my 94. Worked well with a cobra 29.

I can't remember for sure but I believe there is a mic you can hook in external to the handheld. Be nice mounted in the console with the mic mounted on the side of the cup holder part.

Then all you do Is unhook three cables and take it with you.

Latest posts

Members online