CC Speaker Suggestions

F-117HWK

Reaction score
You dont need that much. 100 would be plenty unless you want to double layer everything and hit the whole floor also. Only thing that isnt done in my truck is under the front seats and the fire wall and I have less than 100 sq/ft. Unbroken has over 200 sq/ft I think but for me I didnt need it. Nothing rattles inside anymore sounds a lot better and have 100% coverage on the roof about 95% on each inner and outer door panel and 100% back wall and under the back seat and behind every pillar and double layered in spots I heard rattles before

Alright thanks good to know. I had heard the amount Rich had and was using that as a high estimate, but forgot he had multi-layered a good amount of it.

Did you use just deadener on the roof? Or deadener and some type of decoupler also?

AKHILF

Reaction score
I didnt use any decouple to tell you the truth. Couldnt find anyone up here that stocked it. I'm sure it helps out with some stuff but honestly I doubt ill put it in. I have no rattles and all my speakers sounds good. If shipping wasnt so much I might try some out in the doors but shipping cost more than the product. My roof was just 100% coverage and cut holes in the spots where parts clipped in.

doubledee715

Reaction score
I've got some memphis speakers I got after my kicker's blew in less than 4 months. paid $260 for all four installed and they absolutely take a dump on the kicker speakers I had. really loud. Don't remember the part number or details on the speaker I trusted the guy and he didn't let me down. went to cellular universe and car tunes in gilroy ca.

Scarlet_Nape

Reaction score
Well, the wife's schedule took precedence this weekend, and I was only able to get the front doors (outer skin) done. Not hard, but time consuming, hard on the arms/wrists and messy....but, worth it! I can definitely tell the difference. I can now tell that most of the road noise is coming from the rear doors. I will do those this weekend.
I need to order a little more Damplifier for the inner skins, but will do those when I upgrade the speakers. Now, I'm trying to decide whether to buy a separate amp for the components, or get a 5-channel and sell the single-channel for the subs??

Scarlet_Nape

Reaction score
Did you already do the back wall? That is one of the worst areas for noise coming through.

You know, I hadn't planned on it, but I might as well. Any ideas how much I would need (I guess I can just measure it??)?? I'm assuming I would only need the Damplifier and not the Overkill??

Scarlet, What sub are you going to run? If its around 500 watts rms id look into the JL hd 900/5

I've got a pair of 10" Kickers in a sealed enclosure. Currently have a 400/1 driving them.
I have been looking at the JLs. I've been looking at CL in hopes of saving a few bucks.

AKHILF

Reaction score
Yeah then I think that HD 900/5 is what you need looks really nice and small. I forgot the guys name but I think its something like Txfire something I could be way off though has one

jdc753

Reaction score
You know, I hadn't planned on it, but I might as well. Any ideas how much I would need (I guess I can just measure it??)?? I'm assuming I would only need the Damplifier and not the Overkill??

It SHOULD be right around 8.5SF (60" wide x 20" high rounded up) I would rant to put some of the luxury liner or overkill over it since it seems to be mostly exhaust sound/drone that comes through there. Least this was my noticing when driving around with a naked back wall and the seat folded down or out of the truck.

I've got a pair of 10" Kickers in a sealed enclosure. Currently have a 400/1 driving them.
I have been looking at the JLs. I've been looking at CL in hopes of saving a few bucks.

The 500/1 in the classifieds would probably work pretty good. If you are looking for on the cheap I Highly and hesitantly suggest taking a look at the classifieds on www.caraudio.com (HUGE classifieds) and also www.diymobileaudio.com

I say hesitantly simply because there is the chance of being burned with any online transaction. However I purchased all of my gear through the classifieds and have sold several items, savings hundreds if not a cool grand compared to new and with 90% of my gear I got it practically new in the box with all the packaging.

Latest posts

Members online