Ccv bypass

williamallen13

Reaction score
I recently did a CCV bypass and vented it to the atmosphere right behind my cab and everytime I stop at a stop light I can see some white smoke coming up from under the truck? is that normal from the ccv? Its not a lot but I can definitely see it.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I have heard these trucks put out a lot of gas from the Crank case so I would imagine its normal.

Squat and Poot

Reaction score
Mine puts out what I would consider a lot of blow-by but it seems to be normal from other people with the ccv reroutes.

I ran the rubber hose to my passenger side so it would be out of nose out of mind

CMCx2012

Reaction score
I have been told that it is normal to smoke up and that it almost looks like you are on fire sometimes while at a stop. I decided to go with a catch can set-up for that reason as well as to avoid the damn smell!

Buck1

Reaction score
Yup, on way to LA a couple weeks ago, the lady in the tollbooth, said, "uh is your truck overheating?" Very observant on her part.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Is there any way possible to do it like I had on my Cummins?
I had the CCV routed to a catch can but the bottom of the can had a bung with a hose sending the collected oil back to the block via a factory spot. The can had a filter on top for venting and never once got oiled up.
I like the catch can idea I just hate emptying them.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I had the CCV routed to a catch can but the bottom of the can had a bung with a hose sending the collected oil back to the block via a factory spot. The can had a filter on top for venting and never once got oiled up.

i have been planning on it, just making a mount, but the outlet side should have a provision for exhaust routing.

CMCx2012

Reaction score

This is the exact concept that I am having done. So the only part that sucked was draining it? How often did you have to?? I was guessing the more we drive, the more that it would have to be drained?

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Mine never had to be drained. Joe Hellmann and I put our heads together and built the catch can with two inlets since I had a custom valve cover, added a vent to the top, filled the top 2" of the can with find steel wool to give the vapors something to condense back to a liquid on then left the bottom 4" of the can open with a bung on the bottom. A hose connected to that and drained back into a factory provision on the block. The can was welded closed so there was nothing to open and drain. We did that about 7-8 years ago and it's still on that truck and working to this day.
IF the 6.7 has a provision in the block that can be utilized as a drain you could easily do the same thing. If not and you're feeling adventurous you could always tap the oil pan like some supercharger kits do for an oil drain. I'm personally not that adventurous. lol

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Doesn't the absolute kit drain back into the valve cover? It still expels the gases though I think.

Sent from my I fone 5

Latest posts

Members online