CCV mod, tie into exhaust, catch can or atmoshere?

brkncly

Reaction score
I'm going to be doing a CCV mod on my '08 F-350 after I figure out which kit I want. The next question is should I tie it into the exhaust, use a catch can or let it vent into the atmosphere? What are most of you guys doing for those of you guys that have done this mod? What are the advantages and disadvantages between each other? I like the idea of tying into the exhaust with a 45 degree bung but afraid that it will add back pressure and where at on your exhaust pipe do you weld the bung to? What are your guys thought on this and Thank You!

08PowerSmoke

Reaction score
Disadvantage of atmosphere......SMELL!!! Just something to get used to but I would do the 45 degree into the exhaust

brkncly

Reaction score
Can you post pictures of how it's tied into your exhaust please? Thank you!

webb06

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374803413.953394.jpg

webb06

Reaction score
Only thing I had to change on my dark horse kit was where the hose connect to the oil fill can. With the tow x turbos the fitting was hitting the turbo so I had to cut it off and reglue the fitting.

ghohouston

Reaction score
I so dont understand everyone complaining about the smell from the ccv. You drive a diesel, get over it, or dont do it! Imo, the smell was not noticable dumped under truck before fuel tank on my f250, nor can I smell it dumped near the cv axle on my tdi jetta...and i really dont think it smells bad at all.

skobiak

Reaction score
I so dont understand everyone complaining about the smell from the ccv. You drive a diesel, get over it, or dont do it! Imo, the smell was not noticable dumped under truck before fuel tank on my f250, nor can I smell it dumped near the cv axle on my tdi jetta...and i really dont think it smells bad at all.

Some trucks haze pretty badly, especially after towing. It would be nice to dump that out the exhaust instead.

sootie

Reaction score
My 7.3 had a steady haze when hot outside, didnt bother me a bit

your tough.

yes i drive a diesel and yes i don't mind exhaust smell. i still don't like the smell of hot oil and clouds wafting up beside the truck.

mandkole

Reaction score
Theres been dozens of threads on running ccv to exhaust in turbo applications. The consensus was that the excessive air pressure of exhaust passing by the outlet tube could push the ccv flow back to the engine and pressurizing the crankcase. Is the 6.7 different from the 7.3, or has someone been able to figure this out the proper position of the ccv tube in the exhaust pipe?

Dlinzy

Reaction score
I hate the smell really only noticeable at drivethru windows but it's there and putrid.

I would like a bung made for the exhaust so i don't have to buy an entire kit.

Can someone make a bung we could have welded ?

I may re-route mine across to the passenger side instead of against the fuel tank.

Never had a drip out of it to date and can't see any accumulation in the clear tube in the engine compartment making a catch can worthless.

denny

ghohouston

Reaction score
your tough.

yes i drive a diesel and yes i don't mind exhaust smell. i still don't like the smell of hot oil and clouds wafting up beside the truck.

Wasnt trying to be "tough" lol, I do hope you got my point though, and why dont you guys who dont like the smell run it to like the back bumper or something? I seriously dount it could be smelled being that far back

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i think wayne pretty much nailed the install on his truck i think,

there really shouldnt be pressure in the exhaust anyway

I was going to try a set up with a map sensor in the crank case, test before and after but i have far too manythings going on right now to really concentrate on it anyway.

The exhaust thing would be nice because it will dillute it with exhaust gas as well as be hotter to help sort of burn it before it goes out the tail pipe.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Unless someone stuffs a bunch of rags or a softball in your exhaust you shouldn't have any problems with pressure

skobiak

Reaction score
I hate the smell really only noticeable at drivethru windows but it's there and putrid.

I would like a bung made for the exhaust so i don't have to buy an entire kit.

Can someone make a bung we could have welded ?

I may re-route mine across to the passenger side instead of against the fuel tank.

Never had a drip out of it to date and can't see any accumulation in the clear tube in the engine compartment making a catch can worthless.

denny

I cant see why you couldn't get a piece of suitable diameter pipe, cut in at a 45 degree angle and have it done at a welding shop. I think I will try this. Just gotta figure out how which part of the exhaust to install it into.

Latest posts

Members online