CCV mod

04hdfatboy

Reaction score
I have a 6.4. I was just wondering because i vent to the atmosphere. I figured it would be the same. The discussion just happened to be in the 6.0 section.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
atmosphere works great. just make sure it goes downward constantly. no humps.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
No, once the hose dives down out of the picture its a nice smooth downward angle until it vents behind the mudflap. I used some super flexible and soft silicone oil rated hose from summit so it def does not kink or pinch like typical rad hose does.

3brorce

Reaction score
You should have it point down where you have it pointed up and take it into the fender well.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Damn, it didnt look right when I tried it that way. I guess I'll have to take it back apart and try it again. This just seemed like a easier more direct route. Sorry for the confusion guys!

3brorce

Reaction score
The way I have mine is pretty slick and easy. I have the hose like pushed into the shock tower mount to secure it away from the spring and that. Looks pretty clean I think.

Beans71086

Reaction score
Damn, it didnt look right when I tried it that way. I guess I'll have to take it back apart and try it again. This just seemed like a easier more direct route. Sorry for the confusion guys!

There's nothing functionally wrong with the way you have it routed, any oil that collects in the vertical is going to drain down into the oil fill. Any that gets past it will drain to the ground. If you want to change it because it doesn't look good, that's up to you, but don't change it because its not how Larry, moe and curly have it routed.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
I just didnt want any negative effects to occur... which after thinking about it that only thing that comes out of the vent tube is engine oil and gasses. The engine oil can just drain back in and the gasses can still escape. Wonder if this is an even better way to route it seeing now I probably wont have any puddles of engine oil dripping on the ground due to it draining back into the filler neck.

I just get nervous with anything on the engine because it's so damn expensive to fix and just want it perfect.

04hdfatboy

Reaction score
Here is how i have mine routed. Does it look ok?

Attachments

• IMG_20130413_112644.jpg
    IMG_20130413_112644.jpg
    578.4 KB · Views: 145

Latest posts

Members online