CCV Mod

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Depth increases with exhaust pipe diameter. I cannot recall the depth for 4", but I believe it was around 1". Don't hold me to that, I'm not 100% on the depth.

10-4... I wasnt sure if it mattered or not going from a n/a gasser to a charged diesel..

live life full throttle

sootie

Reaction score
If the haze bothers you it is fairly easy to weld a 3/4 stub pipe into the exhaust at an angle. Then attach the hosefrom the ccv vent to the stub.
The capillary action will create light suction on the crankcase and the heat will remove the haze.
I have done this on several trucks and it was simple and worked excellent.

I think it will also help in racing applications where rpm is higher. Less crankcase pressure will improve piston speed.
This is common on drag racing setups in the gasoline world. google "crankcase evacuation"

what does "capillary action" have to do with a venturi effect crankcase vent?

also, where can i/you find some factual information to show that "piston speed is faster" with a venturi effect ccv opposed to a catch can or atmosphere vent? ...or better yet, that there is any gain at all over against the factory setup for "piston speed"?

HOOV3R

Reaction score
what does "capillary action" have to do with a venturi effect crankcase vent?

also, where can i/you find some factual information to show that "piston speed is faster" with a venturi effect ccv opposed to a catch can or atmosphere vent? ...or better yet, that there is any gain at all over against the factory setup for "piston speed"?

If this was a high rpm gas engine, there may be some gains, but really for us the only plus is getting rid of the smell/haze.

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
That is why I said in higher rpm applications it will improve piston speed.

Factual info can easily be found using the search function on google.

I am somewhat regretful I brought it up at this point.

Fyi I welded my stub flush. I have ran it almost 2 years. I do not consume oil and I am pleased with the performance. The truck shifts at 4400 rpm at wot.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Because there are tuning limitations with the 6.7 that demand a defuel at 3200rpm.

In fact. I have no problem with you as an individual. But your claims, your numbers, and your 6.7 experience without any actual graphs, videos, or actual proof is why everyone on this forum jumps on your back. Prove me wrong. Post a video of your tach pegging 4400 before a shift and I will admit that I am wrong. We don't even know for sure that you even drive a 6.7..

Again, I have no problem with you here, but I am trying to figure out where you get all of this data when everyone else who has documented results is seeing something different than you.

Last edited:

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Because there are tuning limitations with the 6.7 that demand a defuel at 3200rpm.

No actual there is not a defuel when you do your own tuning.
If you update mcc to the latest version, you will gain access to the table in the picture.
I have had mine shifting at 42-44 for quite some time. (normal mode, tow-haul)

If you remember at the end of last summer I posted a dyno of 636 rwhp @3900 peak on my stock engine. That may be difficult with a 3200 rpm defuel.
Don't tell me this is yet another first sir............

If you are hitting a defuel you have a tuning problem or the tuner does not want to overspeed the smaller turbo's on your truck.

Edit: numbers in red on the pic are what will need changed.....pretty simple huh?

Attachments

• 4evabusted.JPG
    4evabusted.JPG
    183.9 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Haha nice image title. Post a video of your tach climbing to that number and I will believe you.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
After doing some personal research and having extensive talks with Tyler and Wayne regarding Venturi setups on these trucks, I would never suggest anyone mount their Venturi tube flush with the exhaust wall. You WILL have positive pressure in the vent line making the purpose of the Venturi tube null and void. Not to mention the issues you may experience that arise from a "plugged" CCV system.

Carry on.

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
After doing some personal research and having extensive talks with Tyler and Wayne regarding Venturi setups on these trucks, I would never suggest anyone mount their Venturi tube flush with the exhaust wall. You WILL have positive pressure in the vent line making the purpose of the Venturi tube null and void. Not to mention the issues you may experience that arise from a "plugged" CCV system.

Carry on.

I have some great suction on the end of mine..........

You wanna see a video too?:puke:

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
I have some great suction on the end of mine..........

You wanna see a video too?:puke:

I was just trying to contribute to a "constructive" conversation and learn more about the defueling limitations on a 6.7. But you resorted to little jabs and now smart@ss responses. You act like you come here to contribute but you just come on here to start chit. Let's get real.

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I was just trying to contribute to a "constructive" conversation and learn more about the defueling limitations on a 6.7. But you resorted to little jabs and now smart@ss responses. You act like you come here to contribute but you just come on here to start chit. Let's get real.

So we all can't joke with each other?

I see what the problem is. I took a vendor's "special" venturi system and simplified it.
5 dollars and 10 minutes for a modification that can be done in the driveway.
The crankcase evacuation is nothing special it has been used for decades with unlimited information and testing available on google search.

I am here to contribute, useful mods that members can do themselves.
Real life experience on my truck that I can attest to.

Members can take it for what it is worth.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.