CCV Mod

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
How many people have done this? Does the new tube just become a road draft tube as like the old 12 valve cummins? Do they drip oil out the tube over time? I'm curious on doing the ccv mod, but don't want any oil whatsoever dripping from my truck. Thanks!

DWhite

Reaction score
Im not 100% sure on the 6.7 ccv kits since i havent got one yet and im sure Mike will be busting my chops but this is what i did on my 6.4. If you didn't want it to drip you could run a catch can if it did drip. I bought a 1 in strainer from tsc and it works perfectly.. I know when I went to get it they had them marked down to like 12 bucks but that was 2 years ago.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/sto...-strainer-with-80-mesh-stainless-steel-screen

Last edited:

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Will that effect crank pressure any? Does it restrict the flow? I Just want to vent it away from intake, because I have oil residue already at 18k miles. I did a strainer deal on a old 12 valve once and blew the tappet cover gasket out. That sucked to fix!

MEDIC350

Reaction score
i have one from MPD simple kit easy to install. i extended the hose to behind my rear axle. i don't really ever see oil stains from it. but i can say this, I've had it for over a year now and i recently took off my CAI to put a blow-off valve and guess what no oil in my tubes. before there was a lot IMO .there was a tiny puddle infront of my compressor wheel when i put my intake on so i ordered the kit that day

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Yeah over time it will leak out of the hose a bit. I have the No Limit kit and I think it's great. I have a tiny little puddle after the weekend from parking my truck inside the garage. Absolute Performance makes one that uses a baffle to catch the oil so it can't leave the valve cover. Don't put a catch can on the 6.7! It generates too much crank pressure and it will blow the catch can all to hell or even worse a seal somewhere in the engine....

anth

Reaction score
I am running absolute performance ccv kit and it has worked great. He sends you enough hose to run it back to the rear axle but I cut it off behind the motor and just zip tied it in a couple places, I haven't had any oil dripping.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yeah over time it will leak out of the hose a bit. I have the No Limit kit and I think it's great. I have a tiny little puddle after the weekend from parking my truck inside the garage. Absolute Performance makes one that uses a baffle to catch the oil so it can't leave the valve cover. Don't put a catch can on the 6.7! It generates too much crank pressure and it will blow the catch can all to hell or even worse a seal somewhere in the engine....
i wouldnt recommend it on any motor myself...

lol, i dont even know where the ccv is on my 6.7.... derp...

live life full throttle

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
You guys let me know if I can help out. There's zero oil loss with my kit, and its port matched from start to finish. Really works nice, but i may be a little biased lol

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
I know this goes back and forth depending on what you google, but is there any disadvantage of not pulling a vac. on the crank case? With the vent going back into the intake it definitely pulls a vacuum right? So is there anything negative on pulling that? Or are we saying the oil that gets in the system is more detrimental than the lack of vacuum.

Reaction score
Would it work better if it were plumbed into the exhaust where the gases flowing by would create a vacuum on it? I was thinking about getting a pipe welded in the exhaust behind my muffler and connecting a hose there. We have a 12v Cummins in the boat we pull our duck/fishing camp with and that is how it is ran. It is a little different as it uses sea water to cool the exhaust off after the manifold though.

gfulton

Reaction score
Would it work better if it were plumbed into the exhaust where the gases flowing by would create a vacuum on it? I was thinking about getting a pipe welded in the exhaust behind my muffler and connecting a hose there. We have a 12v Cummins in the boat we pull our duck/fishing camp with and that is how it is ran. It is a little different as it uses sea water to cool the exhaust off after the manifold though.

There's been talk of a venturi kit from Absolute and No Limit but nothing avaliable yet........

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
What will the Venturi kit do?

On edit: I googled it, that is what my ideal setup would be. Into the exhaust!

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I know but waiting on results from the Pros.......

On edit: Speaking of Professionals... Jordan Speith is leading in the Masters........hell yes

yeah I should have the fittings done in the next week or two, designing it so it will be 1" , but have a 3/4" fitting for the 6.7 , and be offered with a barb for hose or an AN fitting for stainless.

as for Jordan speith, I haven't been a fan , but after watching his performances week in and week out , he's the man right now.

Latest posts

Members online