CCV relocation

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Anyone every move it to another location ?

Its such a tight squeeze with a 5" intake and I was thinking of switching it to the other side or to the front of the motor somehow ?

Anyway to do this or make it more of a sleek design to give up a bit more room.

Tonka350

Reaction score
you can't actually move the housing for it. why are you running a 5" intake? my CCV works perfect with the custom 4" intake I have, so I don't really see the need to run 5" intake.

Chad

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
My compressor inlet is 5" and so is my air filter. Why neck down. 5" flows more potentially

Why can't you move it ? I was thinking of flipping the valve covers around and just having to pull the air intake pipe to do an oil change isn't a big deal, its one clamp

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
The routing is not the problem. I routed the house to atmo. But its the doghouse I wanna relocate for a little more room

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I believe the VCs are reversible. So I would just swap them and chop the filler neck off. The heads are not left or right designated so as long as you have vent I don't think the location is relevant. I assume the stock location is due to turbocharger re circulating the fumes.

Wackerjr

Reaction score
hint: you can turn the ccv around on the cover.... or you can take a look at van valvecovers :)

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Van valve covers are an option, got a set sitting in the shop now.

Yes you can just flip flop it, might be nice to have it on the passenger side actually, more room over there!

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
That's what I was getting at, cat and tom if I just switch the VCs to opposite sides there is no need for fabrication other than shortening the oil filler neck.

Wacker my question is if I were to swap the driver side VC to the passenger. So now the ccv is passenger front it would still do exactly the same job ? When I had my motor torn down I looked over it and I can't see any reason why it can't be moved, I just want to be sure and see if anyone has done it for a bit more room for a large chargers intake.

Stroker do you have a pic of the van VCs ? I'm not familiar with them

Smokyred

Reaction score
My valvecovers are swapped side to side for that very reason, my 5" intake wouldn't clear. Remove the oil fill stand pipe and put an OBS oil fill cap in it's place. It works fine and I have a piece of push-lok hose running down the side of the engine as a road draft tube.

Dave

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online