ceramic coating exhaust housings?

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Empire put a flat black coating on my headers almost two years ago and looks great still. You'd mainly do the coating for appearance purposes, the theory is good but there's not enough factual data showing benefits vs. Cost

Pretty much right, except for the thicker coatings such as swain techs white lightning... I'm sure if you put the swain tech white lightning coating from everything from the manifolds up to the housing you would see a difference, like I said I think I might get a little better spool up but since I don't have the other parts coated is more than likely all in my head it sure does look a lot better tho

SDstroker

Reaction score
Another option
Blanket
IMG_3048.jpg

PStroked444

Reaction score
X2 on the blanket. I also wrapped my up-pipes and down pipe. Not only did it keep everything cooler under the hood but, It made it quieter under there too.

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
Im looking at getting a blankie for my turbine too, the intake y is literally an inch or so away from it, it has to transfer some of the heat to it.. just waiting on Jake to get back to me on a price... :poke:

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
I found that Amazon has a pretty good variety of blankets. I thought I'd throw that out there as another source. I totally understand wanting to support a site sponsor though.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
X2 on the blanket. I also wrapped my up-pipes and down pipe. Not only did it keep everything cooler under the hood but, It made it quieter under there too.

What did you use to wrap your up pipes? I have heard regular header wrap doesn't hold up on a diesel....

Also anyone got a lead on a turbo blanket fo a 38r or are they a universal kinda thing? The quick search I did had them listed either by turbo or flange style and even tho I'm having my 115 housing ceramic coats I would still like a blanket on it if possible

Extended Power

Reaction score
I had my turbine housings coated inside and out.
Went with the high lustre. (I also included a picture of one of my housings with the army green inside/out.)
It's rated for 1500*F continuosly. (Was kinda worried about the secondary, as it gets hotter then that, but you can't really see it anyways. And the primary will never see that high of heat for very long.)

The place I took mine to also has a higher rated coating, but it only comes in a dark army green color. Its rated at 2000+.
I had my manifolds, and up pipes coated inside and out with the army green coating...lasted 2 years through the ugly Canadian winters. Then the manifolds started to show rust on the outside of them. I called them, and they said bring them back, we will re-do them at no charge.

The place I get to do all my coatings is www.topguncoatings.com in Calgary, AB.

Attachments

• IMAG0212 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG0212 (Medium).jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMGP0595 (Medium).JPG
    IMGP0595 (Medium).JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMGP0594 (Medium).JPG
    IMGP0594 (Medium).JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMGP0597 (Medium).JPG
    IMGP0597 (Medium).JPG