Chafed injector harness

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Had the drivers side insulation basically fall off where the connector goes to connect to the UVCH. Got a new connector and spliced it in. Still losing the bank of injectors sporadically. Seems like there's a problem further up in the harness but the insulation looks good

sbracing240

Reaction score
Sounds like the under valve cover harness or the pass thru in the valve cover gasket. If your truck has the dual pass thru harness on each side they are know to have problems and melt.

Arisley

Reaction score
OBS had tow connectors on each gasket. SD only has one. If you are sporadically losing connection, replace the UVCH. Replace them both. Don't buy DORMAN, they suck stinky balls. Only replace with Ford or International. Put a dab of epoxy on the corner of the connector under the valve cover, that will keep it connected.

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
I know it's not the uvch, I can mess with the main harness and get it to work/start missing

Arisley

Reaction score
Where the harness comes over the valve cover, right by the big 42 pin connector is where they like to wear. Good luck.

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
That's fine, it's where the 4 glow plug and 5 injector wires come out of the main loom, I've cut it all back but can't see any chafing

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.