Change turbo mount to 6.4 style?

isootmypants

Reaction score
Was thinking about trying this. Instead of having turbo mount sideways, have it straight in the valley. Mostly for cleaner looking compound setup.

Make a 90* pedestal, then have the intake y come in at more of a direct downward angle. I'll be drawing up a sketch to see how it will fit.

Just wondering if anyone has thought of this. Not sure if back pressure will be an issue, even though single 6.4 kits seems to have no issues.

purplepstroke

Reaction score
I did this on mine a year ago. Its good till about 400 horsepower and back pressure goes sky hi after that causing valves to float. But I guess you just want the mount and pipe setup. Duramaxes use a similar setup as well.
20131025_224443.jpg

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
the 6.4 turbos cause the back pressure, not the mount. the vgt housing is waaay too small for that much displacement.

isootmypants

Reaction score
I did this on mine a year ago. Its good till about 400 horsepower and back pressure goes sky hi after that causing valves to float. But I guess you just want the mount and pipe setup. Duramaxes use a similar setup as well.
20131025_224443.jpg

Wanna sell those uppipes? Haha it would make it easy to bolt on a 6.4 single adapter

FORD7.3

Reaction score
You need a Y pipe like I have for the intake! Nice and low and leaves room for mounting the turbo that way.

TyCorr

Reaction score
And waaaay too much displacement.....

Better off hanging two chargers off the pass side, turning the manifolds to face.forwards and run the drivers side "uppipe" under the motor....simplified.

Ive never made it far enough to mock it up but had I not been out of $$ when.my motor was out I would have. If I get a place to.work again ill try it on a junker.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.