changing it up again

06f250powerstroke

Reaction score
Thought i would update this thread. plans changed a bit, Just going to use my current short block and build on it. only has 100k on it.

I went with

warren 225/100
RCD Thumper I
RCD valve springs
RCD push rods
RCD new T4 uppipes and manifolds
RCD stage 2 cam
No limit 5" intake
No limit cold side pipe
WPE ported intake manifold

got most of the parts here now just waiting for the uppipes and cam to show up. hopefully early next week

cab is up just working on pulling trans for the cam install. any tips on doing the cam im a little nervous about that part.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Man idk...everyone who has installed a stage 2 cam that I've seen...also used pistons with valve reliefs. I'd check into it a bit more if I was you. Call Jared at RCD! He sells cams all the time.

617mach 1x

Reaction score
Are you pulling the heads to restud? If so might as well pull the motor and do a simple re-ring/new bearings and gaskets, also be able to do the cam a lot easier, and check clearances without laying under the hood

Scratch that carry on, I didn't read everything

Last edited:
Reaction score
will do, Thanks for the response morgan. whats the best way to check the clearance. are there any special tools needed

Easiest is to put some clay on the piston and install the head with old head gasket and rockers ect. Torque to 100 ish to get rid of the play. Roll it over and then remove the head and measure how "thick" the clay is. Called the "clay" method.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
hmmmmm....i'd be leary about running stock pistons with that cam. with your setup, why not just go with the stage 1 and not even worry about it?

06f250powerstroke

Reaction score
sold the truck................. but bought a 07 harley that is getting all my parts i will post up some specs on her tomorrow. this thing is going to be nasty:0

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.