cheap 5.4 coils....

RSK

Reaction score
I never had a vibration, but my truck was an F-250. My blocks were 1 7/8" compared to the 3 5/8" that your F-350 had. Your driveline changed a little more than mine did. My guess is you'll need a shorter single driveshaft or find a way to shim the 2 piece so that it will work, if that's even possible on a lowered truck.

Truck looks really good by the way!

Thanks, it's a work in progress! overall maybe putting an f250 block in the Rear and some new bolts in again might be the cheapest most cost effective route unless i can shim it enough to work. I think the carrier bearing needs to go up higher, the 1 piece driveshaft might be the ticket.

sootie

Reaction score
Thanks, it's a work in progress! overall maybe putting an f250 block in the Rear and some new bolts in again might be the cheapest most cost effective route unless i can shim it enough to work. I think the carrier bearing needs to go up higher, the 1 piece driveshaft might be the ticket.

truck looks awesome dude :thumbup:

as for the vibration, grab a one piece driveshaft out of a crew cab F250 and it should fix it.

RSK

Reaction score
truck looks awesome dude :thumbup:

as for the vibration, grab a one piece driveshaft out of a crew cab F250 and it should fix it.

too bad it's not driving awesome right now because of this. I lost so much sleep over this vibration, its driving me insane... while the truck looks badass lowered, I think I might have a 1 piece drive shaft made up unless someone around here can shim the carrier bearing so the drive line angle is good again. Even then I think the truck will be back to stock height on 35's by September. or lifted 2" with Icon coils up front and 6" block in the rear. Only reason I did street tires was to try it out, and see what kind of et's i could get at the track tune only, same with lowering it.

sootie

Reaction score
you will fight similar vibrations if you lift it...ask me how i know LOL

my next truck will be stock height.

a one piece shaft should fix you up. it will also smooth out the shifting and decrease driveline loss.

RSK

Reaction score
you will fight similar vibrations if you lift it...ask me how i know LOL

a one piece shaft should fix you up. it will also smooth out the shifting and decrease driveline loss.

then I might just go back to stock height with 35's those look badass on 22's...i'll look into a one piece driveshaft as well. I just don't want it to be to short, or do you think i'll need a new driveshaft when its up 5.5" in a year or two.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score

I don't blame you for wanting to stay stock height. It just works well and it's easy :eek: I haven't TOUCHED the suspension on any of my trucks in close to a decade. Just so much easier to leave it alone LOL

with that said, I've been wanting to lower my reg cab and my ccsb... I love the 4400/no block look, but I REALLY don't want to mess with the driveshaft.

on the 2pc setup, is it as simple as a shorter carrier spacer? or is a 1pc pretty much required. I'm not currently under my reg cab, but I'm assuming it's got a 1pc? I'm definitely not having a new shaft built if it requires a shorter shaft. If that's what it takes, I'll just do a reverse level with a shorter block out back and call it good

RSK

Reaction score
I don't blame you for wanting to stay stock height. It just works well and it's easy :eek: I haven't TOUCHED the suspension on any of my trucks in close to a decade. Just so much easier to leave it alone LOL

with that said, I've been wanting to lower my reg cab and my ccsb... I love the 4400/no block look, but I REALLY don't want to mess with the driveshaft.

on the 2pc setup, is it as simple as a shorter carrier spacer? or is a 1pc pretty much required. I'm not currently under my reg cab, but I'm assuming it's got a 1pc? I'm definitely not having a new shaft built if it requires a shorter shaft. If that's what it takes, I'll just do a reverse level with a shorter block out back and call it good

yup, shorter carrier spacer, and let me tell you when it comes to my truck i'm LAZY...more then I want to do. stock blocks are going back in monday or tuesday, I thought no driveline mods were needed until you started taking out overload springs...otherwise I never would have had the stock blocks taken out...

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score

I didn't have to do anything to the driveshaft on my F-250 with that combo. Daily drove it and made a lot of passes down the track. Never had any vibration from 0 mph up to 108 mph. I think an F-350 is going to have problems because of the more drastic drop in the year. You're talking over 3.5" versus just under 2" drop. I'm sure that's enough difference to cause some vibration.

sootie

Reaction score

There is no carrier spacer from the factory. it bolts directly to the mount.

I didn't have to do anything to the driveshaft on my F-250 with that combo. Daily drove it and made a lot of passes down the track. Never had any vibration from 0 mph up to 108 mph. I think an F-350 is going to have problems because of the more drastic drop in the year. You're talking over 3.5" versus just under 2" drop. I'm sure that's enough difference to cause some vibration.

Was yours a one piece shaft Jeff? my 08 F250 FX4 was.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score

makes sense... I guess the quick and easy test is to just pull the blocks and see what happens :eek:

I finally got some AF's, but they have low profile tires on them. I'm just thinking the truck would look better lowered some.

wondering if I should do 4800's up front or does that end up being nose-high with no block out back?

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
makes sense... I guess the quick and easy test is to just pull the blocks and see what happens :eek:

I finally got some AF's, but they have low profile tires on them. I'm just thinking the truck would look better lowered some.

wondering if I should do 4800's up front or does that end up being nose-high with no block out back?

4800 and no block looked dead level to me. 4400 was a little nose down.

MorganM

Reaction score

you're always saying, "if you're gonna be a bear..."

I've got the custom Deaver coils you need for a 3" altitude adjustment.

MorganM

Reaction score
No- and I removed the blocks and added a 2" shackle. It's smooth up to and beyond 100mph.
Of course, it's a total mall crawler and has not towed $hit.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
what's this "towing" you speak of? :confused:

hmm... your 3" Deaver's and -2" of block removal and 2" of shackle would be pretty close to dead level maybe a hair higher in the back.

what do you have to do up front? custom track bar?

Latest posts

Members online