cheap or free mods for obs

thatsmokinobs

Reaction score
Alright, I'm looking for some cheap or free things I can do to my 97 7.3 for some more power. I have a 6637, 3-4 inch downpipe to 5 inch exhaust and a chip. It's deffinately got some power but, as with a lot of diesel owner, I want MORE! Cheaper is better, free is best. Thanks guys!

79jasper

Reaction score
At that point, you already have the cheaper things done.
You could do a smaller turbo housing, wheel upgrade. That's about it far as cheap stuff goes.
What chip, who's tunes?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
For sale sign...frees up whatever number of hp that particular truck makes.

There is no worthwhile hp hiding anywhere. Esp on an obs. 90cc of fuel is a-***kin-bysmal.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Get a t500
Some 160/80s
A s362 and mount kit
Intercooler and hardware
Built trans
Electric fuel setup
You'll have only about ten grand into that.

thatsmokinobs

Reaction score
Shoot that's what I figured. I'm not sure what kind of chip it is or who's tunes, the previous owner put it in and I never got around to taking it out to see what it is. He probably told me when i bought it, but i have a fish's memory so ive forgotten. It's only got 5 positions and doesn't smoke at all, so it's not a ts, but that all that I know about it. I'm kind of thinking about buying a ts for it cause then I'll at least know what I got, plus I'd like a little smoke every once in a while. But I gotta get a set of gauges before I do anything else power-wise.
And Ty, I doubt I'll ever sell my truck, not unless someone's offering twice what I have into it at that time.

thatsmokinobs

Reaction score
I was kinda thinking to do this stuff for power
Swamps stage 2s so I don't need an upgraded hpop
T4 turbo, not sure of size, probably the s362 like you said, Ty
Intercooler
Zf5 swap when the e4od takes a sh!t
E fuel eventually
Water/meth
So basically what you said haha but that's pretty much what I have planned so far for power. But, I'm still in school yet so any big stuffs gonna have to wait a while. So that's why I wanted cheap stuff

Magnum PD

Reaction score
You could do the BB Fuel spring mod. The IDM mod isn't expensive.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Little more fuel pressure and the IDM mod increases voltage to the injectors. Less than a $100 at beans.....??

79jasper

Reaction score
Well you could start with a better chip. Obs truck won't hardly smoke anyways.
Another forum a guy was selling a ts6 for like 150.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

thatsmokinobs

Reaction score
Ok once I get back to school, I'm gonna check the fuel pressure and if it's low, and I feel like it's gonna be after almost 200k, I'll do the bb mod, that's simple enough. The idm, I will not be nodding it myself. I'll look into the one from beans though, cause only 150 is pretty cheap for a new one of those. That isn't like just a sale or something is it?

Bugman

Reaction score
If you know your way around electronics you can do the IDM voltage upgrade for a few bucks, but if you don't then you need to ship it off or purchase a Super Duty one to get it.

thatsmokinobs

Reaction score
I'm not gonna do the idm mod myself, I don't feel like 20 horses is worth risking expensive parts. I might buy the beans one, idk. I'm not a fan of how they sound after that so I don't know

thatsmokinobs

Reaction score
Haha yup I know that. Gotta replace some steering first now, then I might be buying a ts6 from my buddy at school. He's talked me into a ww2 also but idk when that's gonna happen. Maybe this winter when I got her parked

Latest posts

Members online