Cheapest way to start making WMO/WVO

young7.3

Reaction score
Which one will be the cheapest to help me get started in making my own fuel? Which one is more stable than the other? Do you have to run a different fuel system for both versus your deisel fuel system? What would someone be prepaired to spend to get started in making their own fuel, and what will they need? Thanks.

Snake

Reaction score
The right way to do it is to have a two tank system on your truck: one for diesel and one for your second fuel source.

Too much other info to type from a phone, but I'll give my $.02 when I'm behind a keyboard.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I prefer WVO. You really need a two tank, heated setup. I wouldn't go mixing other fuel sources in the factory tank, even though a lot of guys do. At least with the two tank setup if something goes wrong, you can just switch back to your nice clean diesel system. WMO is probably easier to run in the stock system, I would NEVER put WVO in the stock system though.

You need to filter either. I have something like $100 into my frybrid still for filtering WVO. It's all about how creative you are and who you know to get some parts from. The system for the truck was expensive for WVO, but again, I got a good deal on mine by being patient and knowing the right people. To me, it was worth it to pay for a good separate system, since the factory fuel system costs quite a bit to replace and also means down time with the truck.

young7.3

Reaction score
By seperate system you mean running another tank with say wmo in it, and its own lines all the way up to where my 3/8 lines go into the heads at? I have a regulated return so wouldnt that mean that i need a way to switch my return lines over to the same tank as well? Has anyone done it with a RR before?

Mdub707

Reaction score
Yeah I know a few guys on the vegistroke forum have laid out the plans to run a two tank setup with a regulated return for it too. There were plans drawn up for it too.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.