check coolant additive?

tmk82

Reaction score
I keep gettting this warning on my info screen. Is there any way to make this go away? Coolant is fine and I dont want to take to the dealer for obvious reasons....lol
I keep reading that you are supposed to get a pH check at the dealer every so often, but coolant has never been messed with and my levels are fine.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

*BigBlack*

Reaction score
I use to have the check coolant pop up on mine. Stopped once I was ******d. My dad has a 2015 f250 and the dealership said the Egr caused his Ph of the coolant to be off and it sets off his check coolant additive warning. Idk if this is true but just what the dealership said.

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
It's a reminder,if it measured the PH,it would not be necessary to check w the strips.BTW,I changed over to Caterpillar coolant with SCA s a long time ago,317,xxx on the clock .Not a coolant issue yet......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
All my trucks are ******d,my reminder still pops up......

Notneb

Reaction score
I usually get one every 20k miles, the dealer takes care of it for free.

tmk82

Reaction score
Yeah I was just seeing if there is an easy way to turn off the system warnings for "check coolant additive"... I didnt want to take my ******d truck to ford just in case. Not sure they will be nasty but you never know. Also wasnt real sure if the ecm somehow monitored pH. It seemed pretty unlikely.
Thanks for all the help

Notneb

Reaction score
Yeah I was just seeing if there is an easy way to turn off the system warnings for "check coolant additive"... I didnt want to take my ******d truck to ford just in case. Not sure they will be nasty but you never know. Also wasnt real sure if the ecm somehow monitored pH. It seemed pretty unlikely.
Thanks for all the help

So let me just share my dealer experiences when it comes to d3leted diesels: Unkess you're filing a warranty claim, they don't care. The tech writers don't know enough to care, and the mechanics who do the actual hands on work love modified vehicles. Just get yourself a OBD "No Flash" cover so they don't flash your truck if there's a software update, and you're good. Everyone assumes that the dealer is going to call Fords CEO and the EPA, lol.

bhudson

Reaction score
I guess it depends on where you are. Hell, last time I was at mine for a rotate and balance or something simple, the service advisor asked jokingly I think if I left my gun in my truck. As I matter of fact it was so I holstered it. Nice people

Notneb

Reaction score
I guess it depends on where you are. Hell, last time I was at mine for a rotate and balance or something simple, the service advisor asked jokingly I think if I left my gun in my truck. As I matter of fact it was so I holstered it. Nice people

True but 4 states so far that I've had a deeleet'd truck, no dealership cares. Now like I said, if you're dumb enough to pursue a warranty claim on a d3leted truck, then yeah, Ford will find out. But for piddly crap like PH treatment, you're good.

Last edited:

Tim1216

Reaction score
Mine keeps coming on also. When I ******d, I drained the coolant obviously and refilled with new coolant and distilled water per specs. I did not however add the additive to it (didn't know I had to at the time). How much additive do I need to add to each cooling system? I don't want to mess anything up

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Mine keeps coming on also. When I ******d, I drained the coolant obviously and refilled with new coolant and distilled water per specs. I did not however add the additive to it (didn't know I had to at the time). How much additive do I need to add to each cooling system? I don't want to mess anything up

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
you shouldn't need to add if you checked it since new... fresh new coolant shouldn't need the additive.. my local dealer back home that a buddy works at in the parts department said that he has never pulled the vc12(i think) additive off the shelf for anyone there since 2011 when the 6.7s came out.. i dont remember when the last message to check coolant popped up since i dereeted it.. 25k ish miles ago.

if you have a leaking radiator like mine then you just keep adding fresh coolant every few days and you dont have to w5orrh about it.. lol

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Jomax

Reaction score
If it helps anyone, I have 34k and my coolant is done. Don't know if it's the heat or what not.

Jomax

Reaction score
Coolant test strips. PH is acidic.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.