Chevy towing mirrors

TyCorr

Reaction score
I guess it's all personal preference.

Saw a green obs with a 6.7 front bumper, 6.7 tow mirrors, and 12 wide hostages. Looked cool. Better than any cap I've seen in here.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I've seen obs with the 99-07 style tow mirrors. If Y'all think Chevy or dodge tow merrs look better I got some oceanfront property in Arizona for ya. I'm sorry men but those Chevy mirrors are horrible. ..same pos that are on my 14 dmax.

I run 08 style on my 00 and I'd use those on anything if you want theeee best functioning mirror as opposed to what matches your purse best lol

weareweird69

Reaction score
Yeah. Since its so hard to put 08 SD mirrors on an older SD...

Putting SD mirrors on an OBS looks terrible. None of it fits the body lines on the doors. It's like sticking a triangle on the round hole and saying it fits.

weareweird69

Reaction score
Here is a photo for reference.

10982818_10206336126344481_2348117949728938572_n.jpg

Then the GM style mirror
10253836_10152665628903097_4455090226769492703_n.jpg

Which one runs better with the body?

eng53ine

Reaction score
Neither one. They both look terrible.
Agreed, although it appears a little more effort could've been put in to the ones on that crew cab

02 F-250, ccsb, auto, 6637, 4" turbo back, riff raff billet wheel, canned ts

TyCorr

Reaction score
Neither one. They both look terrible.

Agreed. But to each their own I guess

That's what I'm getting at. They both look like complete shti. The older style super duty tow mirrors look better than both of those. Those go mirrors look ***kin terrible! I know you tards get all hung up on the stupid little wing window and how it's the worst thing ever phased out of a truck design. Bla bla.

My super duty with vent visors is every bit as quiet and convenient as those stupid asz vents. Maybe you guys should quit trying to make some handyman bob cover plate for a mount and do some actual body work to cover the wing window and provide a mount for a tow mirror. Go to a tow supplier website and they make dual mast tow mirrors that are different in design than Ford, gm, or dodge.

To the guy with the blue obs, you are theee only mother***kermother***ker that thinks your gm mirrors are the best idea. I get the desire to not have those huuuuge aluminum walkers hanging off your door. But they look just as shttiy as your gm knockoffs. Holding to the idea that a 1st gen sd tow mirror has to get centered in the old hole is why no progress will ever be made on these mirror conversion.

Either vacate and cover the old wing window with some proper bodywork and find a better mounting solution or quit with these threads. You ***kers never like the input you're given. This is the same spot we were in 5 years ago. My opinion hasn't changed. I've seen tons of these retrofits. I see regularly an obs with the plain black sd mirrors from the 99 and 00. He did some real body and paint work and his mirrors look like they belong there. And it's been like that for ten years.

And I NEEEVER said putting a 08 mirror on my sd was so difficult. But I pit more effort into it than you cry baby's are. I had to make two harnesses and create the circuits for all the stuff to work. The only thing that was a given was stealing the power from the old plug to move the glass. I didn't start a thread and cry about how hard it was either.

I said my piece but this is nothing more than a look at me look at me thread where you expected everyone to tell you how awesome those duraturd mirrors look on your blue dumptruck. Well, you asked, and no they dont.

Ever seen the Big Lebowski blue truck guy? Well, you sound like the dude over that rug with these mirrors.

TyCorr

Reaction score
And looking at those two pics you provided weirdo69, yea the Super Duty mirror does look better. Use regular steel, blend it in, paint it black, and mount the sd mirror forward and down in the corner of the patch piece and it looks light years ahead of that gm setup.

Disregarding the intended vehicle of use, the 08+ sd mirrors are theeeeeee best you can get. The adjustable blindspot mirror is more useful than the whole gm mirror. Don't give me any bs either because I have a 14 dmax and an older Super Duty so I have both of these mirrors to compare.

kmanxj

Reaction score
That's what I'm getting at. They both look like complete shti. The older style super duty tow mirrors look better than both of those. Those go mirrors look ***kin terrible! I know you tards get all hung up on the stupid little wing window and how it's the worst thing ever phased out of a truck design. Bla bla.

My super duty with vent visors is every bit as quiet and convenient as those stupid asz vents. Maybe you guys should quit trying to make some handyman bob cover plate for a mount and do some actual body work to cover the wing window and provide a mount for a tow mirror. Go to a tow supplier website and they make dual mast tow mirrors that are different in design than Ford, gm, or dodge.

To the guy with the blue obs, you are theee only mother***kermother***ker that thinks your gm mirrors are the best idea. I get the desire to not have those huuuuge aluminum walkers hanging off your door. But they look just as shttiy as your gm knockoffs. Holding to the idea that a 1st gen sd tow mirror has to get centered in the old hole is why no progress will ever be made on these mirror conversion.

Either vacate and cover the old wing window with some proper bodywork and find a better mounting solution or quit with these threads. You ***kers never like the input you're given. This is the same spot we were in 5 years ago. My opinion hasn't changed. I've seen tons of these retrofits. I see regularly an obs with the plain black sd mirrors from the 99 and 00. He did some real body and paint work and his mirrors look like they belong there. And it's been like that for ten years.

And I NEEEVER said putting a 08 mirror on my sd was so difficult. But I pit more effort into it than you cry baby's are. I had to make two harnesses and create the circuits for all the stuff to work. The only thing that was a given was stealing the power from the old plug to move the glass. I didn't start a thread and cry about how hard it was either.

I said my piece but this is nothing more than a look at me look at me thread where you expected everyone to tell you how awesome those duraturd mirrors look on your blue dumptruck. Well, you asked, and no they dont.

Ever seen the Big Lebowski blue truck guy? Well, you sound like the dude over that rug with these mirrors.

You must be blind or retarded? Those SD mirrors look like uglier than your mom after she took two monster cocks in the butt!

Not sure if someone pissed in your coffee this morning or something but I don't grasp why you would come into a forum for a truck you don't even own and smash on everyone in here.

weareweird69

Reaction score
WA WA WA. just because you don't like it doesn't make it right or wrong...

Wow you think that looks better?

Okay... now I know why I don't bother with forums Anymore.

weareweird69

Reaction score
Btw. You are the one whining. Lol

So much more effort. Remove a trim panel. Unbolt. Unplug. Reinstall in reverse order. Lmao

Broke a sweat there. Hahahahahaahahaha

And. you don't know half of what I did. So your the one that needs to listen up. Since we're on the effort subject. I took the power mirror harness that the truck never had. Installed it. Made it work with the GM style mirror wiring and also had to make a circuit to have the heat work in the mirrors. Which involved wiring. Relays. Timed circuits and lighted switches. Not to mention door bracing, steel work, body work, and paint work that was put into blending the mirror into the door. You want to come in here and preach how your **** is so much better. I think you need a reality check. Your just a purist that thinks your **** doesn't stink and that you have the best stuff out there bar none.

Get off your high horse and stop being a prick. Maybe you'll learn something

Last edited:

JD3020

Reaction score

it_youre_butt_hurt_by_springpawofriverclan-d6hkld1.jpg

BTW i'm not a fan of any of these mirror conversions, they function better than stock but they look wrong on an OBS. Now saying that GM mirrors are the best looking out of all the ones that have been done. Tycorr, i'd love to see pictures of this OBS with SD mirrors that you think looks good. I've seen several pictures and one in person, they look like ass.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Like I said an 08 mirror doesnt bolt up, plug n play on a 00 superduty. The bolts are the only part. That wasnt the difficult part anyway. I made (not reused or re purposed) my own harness do I can unplug my 08+ mirrors. And the old plugs are still there, un molested to plug my old mirrors back in, should I choose.

Whatever, my point was trying to put something back where someone else dictates it needs to be isnt the best solution. Thats why you can't make a superduty mirror work.

If you are doung a swap like this is it not for better functionality? Of course it is. An 08 mirror is lightyears ahead of what gm offers to this day.

Im not butthurt. You guys started a circlejerk and start crying about high horses when someone disagrees with the sentiment that gm tow mirrors are the best mirror upgrade for an obs. I personally think those huge aluminum rv pos look better than the gm ones on an obs.

Why not put a gm grill on there too?

TyCorr

Reaction score
it_youre_butt_hurt_by_springpawofriverclan-d6hkld1.jpg

BTW i'm not a fan of any of these mirror conversions, they function better than stock but they look wrong on an OBS. Now saying that GM mirrors are the best looking out of all the ones that have been done. Tycorr, i'd love to see pictures of this OBS with SD mirrors that you think looks good. I've seen several pictures and one in person, they look like ass.

If I can start driving again next friday Ill see it everyday again. No problem. White cclb 97 on 35s with a built motor and injectors...etc...its not a clapped out pos like you are probably thinking. Im pretty sure he did a frame off on it three or four years ago.

Latest posts

Members online