Clarification ASAP

6speedsd

Reaction score
Changing trans filters and removing my GoGo solenoid. Noticed an open plug that I need to know if something is supposed to be plugged in to. Don't see any harness anywhere that's not plugged in. Pic may be hard to comprehend, laying on my back on the driveway. The open plug in question is black, on the bottom row of 3, right between the 1st and 2nd solenoid.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366492661.088796.jpg

It's sort of hard to see but it's there. Need to get the truck back together tonight so could use opinions pretty quick if possible.

Zmann

Reaction score
where is the empty connector ?

Attachments

• Solenoid body pic.jpg
    Solenoid body pic.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 114

6speedsd

Reaction score
You see what looks to be a bolt head between solenoid C and D? Right beside that on the left of it. It looks exactly like where something should plug in. Has the little plastic tab retainer on the side of it too. Looking inside it, there is nothing. Nothing but solid plastic inside the plug. Like I said, no prongs or anything. I guess it's just some sort of dummy plug or something, though I have no idea why it's there if its not used for anything.

Where is Mark when you need him? Lol

6speedsd

Reaction score
Was causing my 3-5 shift to be incredibly harsh. Would almost slam into gear. Was worried I was going to break something. It shifted that hard. Would jar you in the seat.

Drive this morning, shifts smooth as butter now. Every now and then I get a slight pause between 3-5, but I bumped pressure up a little on it when I got to work. See if that helps on the drive home.

Zmann

Reaction score
interesting because that is what I thought you were referring to

the one in my pic has a connector as far as I can tell and yours does have the female but pinless?

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
Getting ready to pull mine back out also. Tired of it hangin the 3-5 shift. Kinda spooky when it decides to bounce off the rev limiter instead of shifting.
sent from the shop making things fly.....

Mdub707

Reaction score
Getting ready to pull mine back out also. Tired of it hangin the 3-5 shift. Kinda spooky when it decides to bounce off the rev limiter instead of shifting.

Who's tunes? Every tune I ever got from a certain shop did this exact thing. Switch tunes and it went away. Something tells me if you remove the solenoid your hanging issues are only going to be worse, but I'd really be interested to hear what it does for you. I'm just speculating. You can PM if you want about the tuner you're using.

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
Who's tunes? Every tune I ever got from a certain shop did this exact thing. Switch tunes and it went away. Something tells me if you remove the solenoid your hanging issues are only going to be worse, but I'd really be interested to hear what it does for you. I'm just speculating. You can PM if you want about the tuner you're using.
No worries. It's done it with every tune I have. Wether it was Matts', Eric's, Chris's, or even Doug's. It hasn't seemed to care which race tune it was. Never had that problem with the stock one. Oh well. 6.0's going bye-bye anyway.

6speedsd

Reaction score

From what I understood, GoGo was supposed to cure this. If it still does it with that solenoid, taking it out wont help I'd imagine.

6speedsd

Reaction score

I'd like to know who's tunes you are referring to, considering I've only ran them from one particular company. Shoot me a pm.

Mdub707

Reaction score
PM on the way.

Also, you're not the only one to complain about really hard shifts with the GoGo unit installed, most said they dialed back the pressure a bit with their SCT to get it where they want it. But butter soft shifts certainly aren't good either. A good quick solid firm shift is what you want. Doesn't need to slam so much, but really smooth isn't good either.

Zmann

Reaction score
why are We pussy footing around tuners names ?

most will fix anything you don't like

I had Eric's tunes and hated the shifting but couldn't get any response from them at the time via email and phone so a week later I went to Matt's

His were much better and I still fine tuned on My device

Latest posts

Members online