Clarification ASAP

Mdub707

Reaction score
Quicktricks. Never got my shifting correct. Tried numerous tunes, tried re-learning the truck bla bla bla, never worked. Go WOT, sometimes, if I got lucky, it would just run out the gear to red line, then just hang there on red line for a full second or more, then go to the next gear... and that was the good scenario. If it didnt' do that, it would try to shift and miss and basically hit what I would describe as a false neutral, and free rev. Imagine being close to 4k rpms, and you go to neutral while WOT. She free revved a few times up near 4500, maybe more, who knows. I couldn't' believe there wasn't piston to valve contact when I pulled the heads. Loaded up Erics tune, problems went away. At the time I couldn't get any help from Vivian (it was during the transition of when she went on her own and changed it to quick tricks) so it wasn't the end of the world. She then find a few posts I made on forums about how bad the tune was and tried making it better, sent me a street tune, it did the same thing and this time it didn't have the EGR turned off so the check engine light was on. It was shame, I really really liked that street tune. I'm just skeered to go WOT.

I've also run Erics tunes, and Doug's tunes too. Dougs tuning rip off was a whole other story LOL, but at least his tunes worked correctly.

I will be trying Matt very soon, just to say I did.

6speedsd

Reaction score
I dropped the pressure to a -10% with the GoGo in, and it didn't make a difference at all in how hard it shifted. I just didn't like how the truck shifted with it in, that's why I took it out. Shifts now are firm, other than that slight pause I get everynow and then like I mentioned. Firm I can handle. Give you whiplash harsh I couldn't take anymore.

I'm running Eric's Agg street now. Much milder than what most of you run, but his tune pretty much stopped the flair I was getting, which is good. I've been meaning to try Matt's SRL. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Latest posts

Members online