clunk in front when turning

smokey73

Reaction score
I'm at a loss guys/girls i have a 2003 f350 dually 4x4 and when i first bought it i could turn fully to the left and right with no noise and after about 6 months acquired a clunk after about a half turn off center either way. I Jacked it up and found a little play in the right front wheel bearing so i replaced it and it was fine for a month and then came back.
So i rechecked the bearings and all was ok so i then figured front axle u joints so i replaced both of them, and it was fine for about 2 weeks and it came back. so i was thinking a locking hub so i pulled one off and drove it and no noise so i replaced both and the noise is still there and its driving me nuts any help would be great thanks in advance.

Tonka350

Reaction score
have you checked your spring bushings, sway bar link bushings, shock bushings? more than likely one of those is your culprit.

Chad

Tonka350

Reaction score
it could be just dumb luck....also check your axle shafts, grab it and pull up and down and back and forth.....this is PURELY TO FIX YOUR AXLE OF YOUR TRUCK....because that just sounded odd lol

Chad

ToMang07

Reaction score
it could be just dumb luck....also check your axle shafts, grab it and pull up and down and back and forth.....this is PURELY TO FIX YOUR AXLE OF YOUR TRUCK....because that just sounded odd lol

Chad

Put your damn pants back on and stop tuggin your "axle."

smokey73

Reaction score
Ive tried that with finding no issue, it has me pretty confused on what could be causing this.

Last edited:

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
On my old track it was always the track bar that did it. Now it's my exhaust flopping around in this truck

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.