Clutch Hard To push and Stick to floor after hard run

Petro

Reaction score
Heard of others having this issue but can't really get a solid answer on how to fix it. On my 06, after a hard pull when I go to shift, the clutch pedal will be very hard to press and then will stick to the floor. I usually pull it up with my foot and after its stepped one more time it's back to normal. Any idea what is causing this? It never slips, and the truck is a blast to drive, acts perfectly normal until you start running it really hard. If someone has any insight thatd be great.
Thanks
Dillon

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Check the pedal assembly for wear where the slave mounts up, where it mounts to the bracket, etc. Ive seen several break due to this, and it sounds kinda like what people were describing prior to breakage.

Petro

Reaction score
Why would that cause the pedal to be hard to press after running it hard? The clutch feels perfect 95% of the time, right up until a full throttle run. If it was what you were describing, why wouldn't it do it all the time?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I dont know, must have missed that part, but it may be due to the angle or how far you push the pedal when speed shifting.

slowcoupe

Reaction score
when I had my 6.4 i did alot of reading on this. It has something to due with the hydraulic clutch fluid flash boiling. My 6.4 use to do this on occasion after a hard pull. I was on a stock clutch with h&s tuning and I read that the fluid will get hot and flash especially if your clutch slips. Check your fluids and see if they appear cloudy. I changed mine to a DOT 5 and my problem got alot better. Only time it happened after that was a track pull in 4x4.

Petro

Reaction score
when I had my 6.4 i did alot of reading on this. It has something to due with the hydraulic clutch fluid flash boiling. My 6.4 use to do this on occasion after a hard pull. I was on a stock clutch with h&s tuning and I read that the fluid will get hot and flash especially if your clutch slips. Check your fluids and see if they appear cloudy. I changed mine to a DOT 5 and my problem got alot better. Only time it happened after that was a track pull in 4x4.

Ya that's the conclusion I've also come too. I know for a fact it had NOTHING to do with the linkage. 99.9 sure the clutch isn't slipping but I've read the same thing your describing. I'll change fluid and see if that helps. Thanks for your input.

Members online