Clutch problem?

6fourstroker

Reaction score
08 6.4 83k manual trans. When I come to a stop wether it be to park or sit at a light, take it out of gear and release the clutch sometimes it makes somewhat of a rattling sound. Stops when I press the clutch back in. Most of the time I just stab it and it stops. Maybe the throw out bearing going bad?

Also, if I rev it up a little when it's rattling the Rpms climb like the throttle is stuck but then comes back down. Again, if I press the clutch back in and release it, this goes away.
Other than these issues I don't have any other problems, no slipping whatsoever.

Anyone have this issue?

6fourstroker

Reaction score
Far as I know it's got the original clutch. I spoke with the original owner before I bought it and he didn't mention replacing the clutch or the need for it.

Turbtators

Reaction score
If its the throw out bearing that typically makes noise when you disengage the clutch so i dont think that is your issue. The only things i can think of right now something is warped or misaligned. it could also be an input shaft bearing potentially. Did it just start doing it? or has it been doing since you bought it?

6fourstroker

Reaction score
If its the throw out bearing that typically makes noise when you disengage the clutch so i dont think that is your issue. The only things i can think of right now something is warped or misaligned. it could also be an input shaft bearing potentially. Did it just start doing it? or has it been doing since you bought it?

Just noticed it for the first time last week. I've had it a few weeks now. I don't beat on It or tow often.

6fourstroker

Reaction score
Now it's boosting weird. I'll be cruising on the interstate around 60-70mph and stay a steady speed but boost spikes or falls to 0.

What the hell is going on.

6fourstroker

Reaction score
ad907544e6e0d919c501bfb1c2244ba3.jpg

Coolant seems low? Not sure if this is affecting anything but I'm gonna get some Ford coolant tomorrow and get it to the right level.

6fourstroker

Reaction score
I have a video if anyone wants to have a listen and see what it's doing. Just pm me your number

Turbtators

Reaction score
Maybe you have an electrical issue also. I'm not really familiar with the 6.4 so hopefully someone will chime in that has maybe had a similar issue.

6fourstroker

Reaction score
Maybe you have an electrical issue also. I'm not really familiar with the 6.4 so hopefully someone will chime in that has maybe had a similar issue.

Thanks for the input anyway. I'm taking it back to the dealer Monday to have one of their guys look at it. I have ZERO diesel knowledge or experience.

6fourstroker

Reaction score
Let us know what they find, I'm curious. I hope it ain't nothing to crazy.

Me too man. Just got the damn thing lol. Haven't even modded it performance wise yet. Im hoping some of the 6.4 gurus chime in soon. This is driving me nuts.

Stroked777

Reaction score
A BAD EBP SENSOR COULD BE CAUSING THE BOOST TO DROP RIGHT OFF, sorry caps, I would hook up a good scan tool that can read pids to see what the sensor is doing

6fourstroker

Reaction score
A BAD EBP SENSOR COULD BE CAUSING THE BOOST TO DROP RIGHT OFF, sorry caps, I would hook up a good scan tool that can read pids to see what the sensor is doing

Alright I know a guy that's got one.

The boost issue only happened one time. I'm still gonna look into that sensor but what's really bothering me is this rpm ramp when I bump the throttle in neutral.

Latest posts

Members online