Clutch problem?

6fourstroker

Reaction score
Couple things: Checked the oil and it was wayyy high. So I drained some out until it was just below the max fill line.

As you see in the pic my coolant was on the low side. So I went ahead and took it in for a flush and fill bc upon inspection the coolant was filthy.

The wacky boost levels hasn't happened again, but the odd spike in Rpms still happens. Same thing, push the clutch in and it goes away.

6fourstroker

Reaction score
So your only issue is rpm spikes now? No weird noises or vibrations from the clutch?

Yea no noises or shuddering. Works smooth like it should. I can get on it and it doesn't slip either. Just the weird rpm spikes.

My Rpms spoke too if I hit the theottle just right. I would think its a tps issue

Is yours a manual as well? That thought crossed my mind today actually. Wondering if there is a problem with the tps or the electronic throttle control. But it goes away if I push the clutch in? So idk

Stroked777

Reaction score
Mine is auto. The Rpms will stay up until I tap the throttle again. Kinda scares you when you wanna creep up in traffic and you hit it and then jumps in Rpms causing you to move more than you want lol. But it's something that doesn't really bother me because it happen rarely

6fourstroker

Reaction score
Mine is auto. The Rpms will stay up until I tap the throttle again. Kinda scares you when you wanna creep up in traffic and you hit it and then jumps in Rpms causing you to move more than you want lol. But it's something that doesn't really bother me because it happen rarely

Well it bothers the **** out of me lol. I've got to figure this out

6fourstroker

Reaction score
Had the weird boost fluctuation again this morning. Would be holding steady throttle and the boost would spike then drop.

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
I never worried about it, neutral was the only time it did it so I jus didn't frog the throttle in neutral.... If needed higher idle there is a write-up on here for high idle mod on 6.4, is as easy as locating 2 wires and hooking them together... as long as you have upfitter switches...

6fourstroker

Reaction score
Gotta bring this topic back up guys. Truck Is still doing the weird rpm thing. Rpms climb wayyyy higher than they should with a simple quick stab of the throttle. Just installed a Spartan tuner and dpf/cat delete and the Rpms climb even higher now.

Stroked777

Reaction score
Look at throttle position and slowly press the pedal and see if there is any dead spots or spots that it jumps up in percetage or voltage (what ever you get a reading in). I Bet there is another way to test it but I don't know of any other way.

Could borrow a pedal from a buddies truck and see if it does the same thing

6fourstroker

Reaction score
Look at throttle position and slowly press the pedal and see if there is any dead spots or spots that it jumps up in percetage or voltage (what ever you get a reading in). I Bet there is another way to test it but I don't know of any other way.

Could borrow a pedal from a buddies truck and see if it does the same thing

I had that thought. Looked the other day and the Spartan doesn't have just a tps% readout . It has a load%, and throttle that reads closed, open, or WOT. -_- I'll look again and double check but thanks, good thought

Latest posts

Members online