Codes from Hell!!!

DocBar

Reaction score
I had a very nice catch can made and it does work but you still have smoke but you do not get any real oil drips. I used very fine 0000 SS mesh in the top 1/2. The CCV tube enters in the middle of the can and it exits out the top there is a ball vavle at the bottom for drainage. The oil vapors come in just below the mesh. It travels up thru the mesh which gives it tons of small surface area to collect until it forms a large enough drop to fall or run down the sides to the bottom where it collects and waits to be drained. The vapor hopefully minus a large % of the oil goes out the top and then down infront of the engine where it will exit. Nice part is as it travels back up from the catch can any oil that forms in the tube drains back into the can. Only the short section that turns down at the front of the engine would be able to collect any remaining oil and form a drip but its significantly decreases so I doubt I would get any drips that would be there when parked.

I have pulled it all part to figure out this routing business and now it will go back on in a location that will work best to have the final route down the front of the engine.

The issue I have with using foam is as it gets oil soaked it starts to create BP and it take so very little to create issues.
Ain't that the truth. My truck acts different just about every time I drive it, it seems like.

DocBar

Reaction score
I got AE in yesterday evening and just hooked it up to my truck. I got the following codes off the diagnostic:

P1865: Transfer case contact plate short to ground
P1832: Transfer case diff. lockup solenoid ckt failure
P1876: Transfer case 2WD solenoid ckt failure
B1869: Airbag issue
B1892: Airbag issue
B1352:Gauge cluster issue

I ran the KOEO test and got:
P0605: Internal control module ROM error
U1262: Comm. bus fault
U1027: Invalid/missing engine RPM data.
B1342: (ECU) Internal fault

I ran KOER test and got:
P0284: #8 Injector ckt contribution/balance fault
P1298: IDM failure

What do you guys think?

I was also running some live data and my engine coolant temp got upwards of 233* while my engine oil temp never got over 198*. This was while parked and running around 2K rpms for a minute or so. Even while idling, my engine coolant temp was 211* and fluctuating above 213*. I'll be buying a new sensor today for starters.

I also noticed that my ICP pressure would fluctuate from 515psi down to 450psi. Is this normal?

neverkickn

Reaction score
I don't think I would run out for a coolant temp sensor just yet. I dont think that AE gives you an accurate reading and the pcm doesn't use coolant temp for anything. It just runs to the gauge in the dash. All of the temp related fueling is calculated off of MAT and EOT.

bad12jr

Reaction score
I don't understand the idm failure one. Got it the other day but no obvious problems with the truck.

Sent from my x2 somewhere

Latest posts

Members online