Cold Air Intake Questions

ToddEdge

Reaction score
I just picked up an '06 and after checking all the fluids, etc, realized the filter is beyond its time. I'm planning to take it to the shop in a few months for the tuner, exhaust, egr ******, etc. but, would like to go ahead and do the cold air kit now.

My question is can I just pull the factory duct work and install a cold air kit now without any other changes or is a tuner required at the time I do the air intake? Also, what are the intakes that have proven results with good fit and finish? It seems like there are 100+ options with varying costs. What is the best bang for the buck?

Thanks - Todd

sisupower

Reaction score
You can install now. Does it have exhaust done ? As far as cold air. See if someone will chim in and tell you what works best for their 6.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
:whs: Especially if you have power increses planned anywhere in the future. Buddy of mine put an s&b on when he went with a stage 2 kc turbo and 190s. I noticed while doing something to his truck, the filter minder was sucked all the way in and he had the minder unplugged to keep the light off. Ive never had my minder suck in at all with a stage 3 and 205s. I have the older style with the dilter minder still in place.

ToddEdge

Reaction score
You can install now. Does it have exhaust done ? As far as cold air. See if someone will chim in and tell you what works best for their 6.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is 100% stock motor/exhaust right now.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
no limit for every motor but a 7.3.. he gave up on those and shows no love for them anymore... but need a tuner or cel will light up.

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
A cel will not come on with an aftermarket intake.
did on a bone stock 6.0 that has a NL intake.. put a tuner on it and it went away.. maybe something else was wrong.. MAF sensor code came up saying high flow or some chit..

live life full throttle

sootie

Reaction score
Doesn't make sense. It would say low flow if anything.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Doesn't make sense. It would say low flow if anything.
it said something about flow.. maybe it was low flow.. just a random guy around town, that bought a edge tuner from my boss, that had a 6.0 and when he tuned it with the tuner it went away..

live life full throttle

Reaction score
She's already gotten me the other gift, but I absolutely appreciate your willingness to do so, that's great customer service, and will stick with a lot of people

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

slc6oh

Reaction score
no limit or nothin!

had one on my t4 setup, sold it with the t4 setup, been runnin the stock intake with my kc 1.5, needless to say I ordered a new no limit this weekend. lol

Latest posts

Members online