cold natured engine???

ytee

Reaction score
Since it has been getting cold out my truck has been struggling. When you glow plug it the engine will fire right up and run great. the engine will continue to run good till about 30 seconds after the glow plugs turn off. A little after the glow plugs turn off you can feel the engine is running rough and missing and if you let it idle it will go all the way down to about 450 rpm. When it will idle way down it almost sounds like it is running out of fuel but the pressure is steady at 65 psi. I also noticed that the icp duty cycle is 21-22% and the icp pressure is around 1200 psi. Once the oil reaches about 105-110 degrees it will start running great with no problems. Has anyone ever had problems similar to mine?

Chris

Big Bore

Reaction score
Yea, had same problem, then I added some winter fuel additive. It has been cold (-15 last night) here last couple weeks, and even the winter fuel was gelling. Added Diesel Kleen white bottle to tank and it's been fine. Don't know if it's cold where you are but might be worth trying. Now since using additive in temps down to 0* it will start on GP's and not even romp. This morning at -15 I plugged it in for an hour, cranked, 3 romps, couple stumbles, then smoothed right out and ran fine.

Last edited:

ytee

Reaction score
I have had the same issues with 3 different tanks of winter fuel that I also added winter fuel additive. It is just weird how the icp duty cycle and pressure are really high when it is acting up. I have tried several different programs and even just stock programing and it is the same.

Chris

ytee

Reaction score
Injectors are out getting ready to make the trip to Lead Hill, hopefully Brian can figure this out!!!!

Chris

Tom S

Reaction score
Whose injectors are you running Chris? Is Brian going to try them in another truck or something?

ytee

Reaction score
Tom, the injectors are Hypermax. Brian said he was going to have them gone through and changed to something different.

Chris

Latest posts

Members online