Cold side Piping & boot kit 6.7 issue

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Its been 2-3 weeks now since I've been trying to send back this kit for my 2012 F-250. Ive been in contact with an individual in customer service, trying to get a shipping label to return this because the metal pipe didnt have a cnc'ed port for the sensor. He said he tried to send it to both of my emails and that it was issued back to me and I've tried everything from the spam folder to adding as a contact to ensure it would get to me, still nothing.

My factory plastic tubing exploded on me after I decided to re-delete my truck and keep it, and I figured this would be the better alternative than a stock plastic tube, but its turned into another vehicle nightmare for me. Could someone get in contact with me so I can get this issue fixed?

PM me or email back @
[email protected]

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
[#MSM-817-54125]

Is my open ticket in CS

I also asked for an address and told the individual I need my vehicle more than I need a shipping label,
and that I'd be happy to pay shipping to hurry this up. Still nothing

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
ATTN: this has been resolved. Zach @ Mishimoto called and said the correct pipe will be sent immediately and I can return the old one afterwards with the shipping label provided.

Some of the cold piping kits were shipped and made without the sensor bung in the pipe. They are working with the vendors to have this issue corrected.

I appreciate ya'll taking care of this issue and thank you for taking care of this matter

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
So I tried installing the kit last night, now I am having issues with leaks. The mishi pipe part that slips over the butterfly valve, is too large and makes the complete piping assembly move and shift. I tried everything, moving the boots every position, still leaks...even with the O-ring and plastic gasket swapped from the factory plastic tubing, to inside the Mishi metal slip over pipe. It's just not going to work. No wonder so many people had issues with these.....I also now need 3 new clamps because of taking these on and off over and over.

I waited 4 weeks to get the other pipe corrected, and now I have to rig up( TIG weld) the mishi slip over pipe to my EGR butterfly valve this evening to seal the air leak properly...I am just done f*ing with it altogether, as I do not have the time, patience, or money, to go a different route.

I hope everyone learns from my mistake :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,007.4 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
View of the inside. Look at your factory tubing and you'll see what I'm talking about. The overall shape and diameter is no where near close to what it should be. Its too large.

Also, speaking of the sensor bung correction they made, the o-ring wiggles around, along with the sensor, and doesn't seal properly.

Mishimoto needs to realize how much this can affect the truck.. I got 4psi max last night and tons of smoke. Sensor plugged in as should be.

Then late in evening after so many failed tests, Put the factory tubing back on. Right back to 32 psi max!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,010.4 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Can't say I'm remotely shocked.

I should have kept my H&S butterfly delete/cold piping and left just the deletes, a few months back.
I sure learned a good lesson though during all this. I have horrible ADD and sometimes dont think things through and put myself in binds like these. It's my fault though, either way! LOL Learn and move on

Mishimoto

Reaction score
ATTN: this has been resolved. Zach @ Mishimoto called and said the correct pipe will be sent immediately and I can return the old one afterwards with the shipping label provided.

Some of the cold piping kits were shipped and made without the sensor bung in the pipe. They are working with the vendors to have this issue corrected.

I appreciate ya'll taking care of this issue and thank you for taking care of this matter

So I tried installing the kit last night, now I am having issues with leaks. The mishi pipe part that slips over the butterfly valve, is too large and makes the complete piping assembly move and shift. I tried everything, moving the boots every position, still leaks...even with the O-ring and plastic gasket swapped from the factory plastic tubing, to inside the Mishi metal slip over pipe. It's just not going to work. No wonder so many people had issues with these.....I also now need 3 new clamps because of taking these on and off over and over.

I waited 4 weeks to get the other pipe corrected, and now I have to rig up( TIG weld) the mishi slip over pipe to my EGR butterfly valve this evening to seal the air leak properly...I am just done f*ing with it altogether, as I do not have the time, patience, or money, to go a different route.

I hope everyone learns from my mistake :(

View of the inside. Look at your factory tubing and you'll see what I'm talking about. The overall shape and diameter is no where near close to what it should be. Its too large.

Also, speaking of the sensor bung correction they made, the o-ring wiggles around, along with the sensor, and doesn't seal properly.

Mishimoto needs to realize how much this can affect the truck.. I got 4psi max last night and tons of smoke. Sensor plugged in as should be.

Then late in evening after so many failed tests, Put the factory tubing back on. Right back to 32 psi max!

Hello Cway,

I truly apologize for the delayed response to this thread as well as the continued frustration you are experiencing with our 6.7L pipe kit. As noted by our CSR, we did have a batch of pipes which were missing the CNC'd bung for the intake temperature sensor. Outside of this batch, we have a ton of customers running this particular kit with great success.

We are very interested in the additional issue you are having in terms of the quick-connect being too large for the butterfly connection point. As mentioned, many folks have installed this kit with perfect fitment. We would like to have this piece shipped back for evaluation by our engineering team.

Sending you a PM to see if we can acquire more information about the issue. Obviously we would like to send you a replacement pipe kit, but first we need to determine if there is a possible difference in this connection point on your particular truck or if this is an issue with our CNC'd piece.

Again, I apologize for this frustrating experience, we will work to provide a remedy as soon as we can!

Thanks
-John

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
PM returned.

The EGR throttle body is the same on my truck as well as my friends 15. As well as the factory plastic pipe assembly. So is the O ring and the internal white plastic clip.

Also note that the sensor bung port of the pipe is slighty larger than it should be. Even a new factory O-ring wouldnt work to keep the sensor from wiggling around and air escaping through the port. I have already purchased an aftermarket O ring thicker to make this work. That sensor plays a huge role in the 6.7s and any slight change or air leakage affects performance.

As I said before in my PM, I am getting the coupler you sent and my EGR throttlebody custom fabbed together, (to ensure there are no air leaks) as we speak because I can no longer wait, And I use my vehicle for work and transportation. I'll have to pass on the replacement kit and I appreciate your time

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Turned out the gap was too large between the two, they can't be welded together, and its too late to return to original place I bought it from. Luckily a friend is letting me borrow his plastic tubing a little longer until I can afford another one. Hope it doesnt explode on me lol. This sucks

YJSONLY

Reaction score
So are you going to send it back to Misbimoto. ? And see what they can do? Sucks that you are having a issue.

Mishimoto

Reaction score
Turned out the gap was too large between the two, they can't be welded together, and its too late to return to original place I bought it from. Luckily a friend is letting me borrow his plastic tubing a little longer until I can afford another one. Hope it doesnt explode on me lol. This sucks

Sent you a PM for some additional information!

So are you going to send it back to Misbimoto. ? And see what they can do? Sucks that you are having a issue.

Yes, we are working with CWAY to get this piece back to our facility for further analysis. We have a good deal of customers running this particular kit without concern, taking a look at this item should help identify the cause of the fitment problem.

Thanks
-John

Members online

No members online now.