common question ik... but what tunes?

Awesome

Reaction score
i have a 200 with a suncoast tranny... afe intake... 5in exhaust... and a ts chip with ts tunes. lookin to get it re burned everyone says some one different. live in va. and i want more than just the stock, high idle, tow, 50, 70,...etc. i run 38s on the rig and keep it on the street. would be interested in a lope idle tune js to turn some heads(ik some ppl think its dumb, but i like it). so who should i go with... btw i hardly tow anything. js my dd and toy. thanks

davey99ps

Reaction score
Everyone has they're own preference so there isn't a right or wrong answer. Any custom tuner will be way better than the canned tunes you have now. Best advice I can give you is just get on the phone an call gearhead, bdp, swamps, tyrant, d.I, dp tuner, an just talk to them about what you want an then deal with the 1 that makes you comfortable.

Awesome

Reaction score
alright thanks... lol my buddy delt with tyrant and he hooked him up real short notice

TyCorr

Reaction score
A lope tune is cool if it is.right but sometimes they sound stupid. I liked.mine.for about ten seconds. My two year old boy loves that sound so I put it on but it stayed for about a month. I personally would suggest hi idle, stock, heavy tow(if you tow), a dd tune, a performance tune, and race tune. I use high idle, 80hp tow(convertor.stays locked!)and 140hp. I use high idle.after initial.startup but.the pcm has a built in 1100 rpm provision so its not necessary other than manually.setting it. Mine is.1400 rpm. I also run the 80hp but.just.for slow.lazy drives through towns.with speed.zones as the convertor.will lock/stay locked. 90% of the time Im in 140hp race. Ive.got.37's and it is nice.to be able.to get them turning.as quick as.I.want. With 38s you should get similar results.

Personally on my stock truck php tunes are nice. I would.like.to.try gearhead.out.once I get my motor repowered with a fuel system and hybrids(and support mods too).

Awesome

Reaction score
10-4 anyone know who does a good lope tune because ik what ur talkin about i heard ones that js do it alittle and js sounds like a miss or something

TyCorr

Reaction score
Phps is good. They sound different on every truck is.my point. Ive.heard the same tune on three diff trucks and it sounds different.

Idk who else offers a.lope tune anymore :shrug: Seems like a novelty that is fading.with the smoke tunes. Php is all I.can confirm.

Happy hunting!!

TyCorr

Reaction score
Just fyi. The lope tune is hard on the motor. It can wash down cylinders.

It sounds hard on the motor. Especially that one companies lope tune... We're finding common denominators with tuning lately. If something is retarded or smoky its not.good for the truck most of the time. I will say I enjoyed the look on my boys face when I set the lope the first time but it wore on me fast. Im also one of.the people who.wants a single tune that drives like stock to fullout depending on throttle input so that needs to be taken into.consideration with my words.

Latest posts

Members online