compound problems

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
Charles do you have any issues spooling that 94 I cannot get more that 8 psi out of the atmo and 15 out of my secondary reworking some piping tomorrow to double check but im at a loss and getting frustrated... any ideas from anybody??

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Charles do you have any issues spooling that 94 I cannot get more that 8 psi out of the atmo and 15 out of my secondary reworking some piping tomorrow to double check but im at a loss and getting frustrated... any ideas from anybody??

how bout some specs on your setup?

would help greatly.

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
Gt 4094r .84 a/r housing precision 46mm gate dumping to intermediate then a pt 106 with a 1.00 a/r housing pushing air to the gt4094

TARM

Reaction score
I do not have any direct experience with compounds but if your manifold (4094) is not spooling up and only producing a total of 15 psi my bet would be a WG is not function or adjusted properly or a leak in the piping or boots somewhere. Have you pressure tested the WG to see if they are adjusted the way you think they are?

I am sure guys like Jason, Charles, Mike, Dave and others with real experience will be along to help.

Last edited:

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
What wastegate spring inside? Regulated Boost going to the top? bottom? What injectors? 1.0 on the pt106 is way too small for 1.. You need like a 1.25 - 1.40

Last edited:

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
From what I gathered from my math is the 40 is only making 15 I have had problems with boots the gaye isnt old by any means let me rework the plumbing and get back to you boost is plumbed in the top and regulated spring is a 15 lb

TARM

Reaction score
Figured I would put this all in one post for ya.

Turbos:

Manifold: GT4094 .84 A/R T4

Atmosphere: PT106 1.00 A/R T4

Wastegate:

Precision 46mm 15lb Spring Manifold boost to top port. Venting via intermediate pipe to PT 106.

Issue: Not spooling up, Only producing 8 psi on the Atmosphere (PT106) and computed 15 on the Manifold (GT4094) turbos.

907DAVE

Reaction score
What injectors?

How backpressure look comparatively?

I really don't think changing out that 15# spring is going to fix this. I would say bust a leak test on it and check for exhaust leaks before going any further.

FWIW, I am running a similar size secondary (but with 1.0 housing) and am going to a 10# spring in that gate.

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
Just got done bolting everything back together the very back boot had a tear in it that i could not see and would only feel right at 35lbs of regulated air :doh: Thanks for the help guys now she is running like a raped ape on steroids and i have a big ass grin

TARM

Reaction score
Where do you have your BP sensor or is it the factory BP sensor and data from the PCM as I am wondering if that reading is gauge or absolute pressure ? 19 at idle. If its absolute then its sound close usually around ambient or a few psi over. But if that gauge pressure or pressure over ambient then something is not right. Again that is what would be true for a single turbo not sure what the second turbo down stream level of effect is.

I agree with Blowby with all the piping etc it sure would seem to me that a leak is a likely possibility especially if your WG is set the way you state and there is nothing wrong with it.

When you state your 4094 boost is 15 are you speaking of total manifold gauge pressure or is this pressure minus that of the atmosphere compressor?

TARM

Reaction score
Glad you got it all figured out.

Now that you have your leak fixed what kind of numbers are you seeing with your currect WG setup?

Total Boost (manifold)=
PT 106 boost=
GT4094 BP=
PT106 BP=

What are EGTs?

Interested to see where the setup like that with your fueling is putting the PR and efficiency island on the 4094.

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
Tarm- From what i have figure the first stage is making right at or around 15psig and the second stage is making 19psig for a total of right around 55psig grand total.. I wish i could say exactly what the backpressure is i need a new sensor and a good cleaning of the tube.

Only the first stage is gated at this time I have not really ran into the point where the first just runs wild, I don't think there is enough energy left in the exhaust gasses to do it. Everything still needs some fine tuning to get it dialed in with these injectors then i will try to open is up with some 400/600's

Egt's cruising down the road can run anywhere from 600-800 but im pushing alot of tire and headwind most of the time (planning on going to stock height and a smaller tire soon). Laying on it egt's can spike to 1500 within about 5-6 seconds. My clutch hates me so to say the least though.

The close cousin to the atmo is the garrett gt5541r for what compressor flow would be compared to the pt106

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online