Compound turbos

DocBar

Reaction score
I'm leaning towards using the same setup David used when he did a compound setup for a customer. It looked like a very clean setup.
On a side note, is there any reason the driver's side can't be used for an atmospheric turbo if you relocated the battery to the frame or some other location?

907DAVE

Reaction score
Wasn't his setup without a wheel well? Not sure that's a great idea. Putting the turbo on the other side might get a bit tricky because of the exhaust routing.

DocBar

Reaction score
Wasn't his setup without a wheel well? Not sure that's a great idea. Putting the turbo on the other side might get a bit tricky because of the exhaust routing.
Yeah, the wheel well was removed but one could be fabbed up to replace it. David talked about that when he was explaining how they put it together.
Damn...didn't think about the exhaust routing. Glad I asked. LOL
I wish I had a way to do some mock ups.

Charles

Reaction score
Just as there are other angles than parallel to the crankshaft.to.mount the first stage. Why do compounds thrash stock FR bottom ends? If you tuned a set of compounds on 450hp worth of fuel.would it decimate the bottom end like we usually see?

I ran my Gt47/38R combo on a stock bottom end for years. All my pistons were cracked but that was thermal, almost certainly from EGT's sustained when the truck was overfueling the piss out of the 38R as a single years beforehand. I dyno'ed 544 on the DJ on that setup with a set of freakin 30% nozzles....

I limited the boost to ~50 to 55lbs IIRC.

TyCorr

Reaction score
30% nozzle? :eek:

Im hellbent on running 275/200s and compounds on a stock bottom.end. I just dont like(as if there would.be a choice if it blew) the idea of doing the work and then pulling said motor a.month later. Im not hard on vehicles anyway. My stock trans made it 250ish thousand miles.

I think.learning to tune is.going to be paramount for me to do.what I.want.

Latest posts

Members online