Con O or Con ofe

Baker42

Reaction score
Just smoked my con o and talked to Brian at south bend and he talked me into an OFE. He really gave me a decent price which I appreciate. I was told when I bought the truck 6+ years ago that it had stage 1s.
I just replaced the glow plugs i month ago and found it still has stock sticks.
I noticed the clutch smoking a month ago hauling a very heavy boat 14000 + or - a ton loaded on the 80 hp tow tune
My question is the OFE gonna be a pain to drive with stock sticks?
The truck has always ran hard and has the following mods.
Adrenaline HPOP,Irate Diesel OBS Efuel,DP Tuner F5,3 inch down pipe to 4 inch out the back and a K&N Thanks for any replies

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
You will hate the feramic linings for towing and backing trailers. It is grabby and unpredictable at times. Organic linings seem to be more user friendly for maneuvering trailers. I found a dual disc to be more controlled than a feramic lined single.

The luk cerimetallic is able to hold good power and not too overbearing also.

Just my experience. Others may have seen different results

Personally if I had another setup like this with mild injectors I would choose the luk cerimetallic and with hybrids I wouldn't waste time and just go dual disc again

Sent from my mobile using crapatalk 4

TERRCO

Reaction score
I got over 150,000 out of my con ofe with stage 2s and daily abuse. I pull heavy trailers quite often. The clutch is grabby and uncomfortable at first but you will get use to it and learn to be soft on the peddle reversing and taking off.

Baker42

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys. I guess I will learn to love it or change to a dual disk later on. As for the injectors they all say AA
I thought stage 1s should say AC

TERRCO

Reaction score
There's no way visually to tell if the injectors have been modified. Some builders will engrave them after after work has been done. AAs are what came in your truck from the factory. I believe the ACs are found in the high torque version of the T444E.

Baker42

Reaction score
Makes sense. Stock or not the truck runs great. Next mod is an S400 kit from Jake at Irate, I have a 02 intercooler with cast ends ready

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
Just from my experience, I HATED the OFE in my 2000. It was VERY grabby, sucked when trying to maneuver a trailer.

I am Very please with my Valair Organic HD in my current truck

Baker42

Reaction score
Well I got out there and started taking the trans out.
The fluid did not look good changed about 6000 miles ago, but there has been a lot of water and mud this year. I will finish tomorrow and go from there, hopefully syncros are not the problem

Baker42

Reaction score
Problem solved. broken clutch fork/warped disk.I have not towed with it yet but love the OFE. It has a soft peddle.Going elk hunting in about a week and I will be towing a trail rig well see how it does. Also went back to a roller bearing the kevlar pilot bearing spun out about half way and was not true.Stay away from the kevlar pilot bearings just my

Latest posts

Members online