• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

Confused: track bar / pan rod bar needed?

talentsearch301

Reaction score
Ok I've been reading for a few days and everyone on forums says I need a track bar I lift the truck

I have the ICON 2.5" stage one leveling kit

ICON says I don't need to change out the stock track bar for 0-2.5 inch lift
BUT most people on forums says I do need to get and adjustable track bar.

ICON says no, the people say yes
?????

NotStock

Reaction score
Its not absolutely required from a functional standpoint. Asthetically, your axle will be shifted towards the driver side about 3/8". Its not enough to put too much additional wear or dog track into the truck but there will be a VERY slight increase. If your running really wide tires or are at the maximum size tire you can fit in there, a track bar would help you get the axle back centered and give equal clearance to both sides.
The biggest thing that I see people not do with leveling kits is address the reduced castor caused by the increased angle on the radius arms. This will cause the truck to wander, cup tires, wear steering components faster, and cause all kinds of issues. A leveling kit needs alignment cams, adjustable link arms, or a radius arm drop bracket. Non should be installed without!

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Any time you lift a solid axle truck I'd do a track bar or a track bar drop to compensate for the change in geometry. The axle will be pulled to one side more so than the other, things like the front springs, radius arms and so on will be shifted that way too. Not to mention the ride and bump steer will be affected too. In some cases ( taller lifts or more drastic differences in how far the axle does shift ) the truck will actually drive down the road slightly crab walked. You will also be putting extra wear on your tires from driving it that way, and fight getting it to alight correctly. All in all just not worth skimping there, at the very least do a drop bracket.

Latest posts

Members online