Considering 4r100 swap from my zf6

02BigD

Reaction score
Steering column, shifter, larger tunnel for the auto, proper brake pedal if that matters. Transmission cooler and lines. Need to address the differences in transfer case as well.

Best thing I ever did was get rid of the zf6 in my 02. So much more enjoyable, and so much better really putting the power down.

bigaF250

Reaction score
The transfer cases will be swapped as well, the zf6 floor is taller than the auto, and I think I'll do a floor shift like an old hot rod. That would kill a couple birds. I'm glad to see someone else is going to auto instead of the other way around. Trying to keep this deal very cost effective.

DcMoore

Reaction score
No need for a new column, you just need the shifter and all the other parts required, i.e. brackets to hold the shifter on, shifter cable, a new plastic piece that goes on the column, and the PRND21 piece that goes in your gauges. There are a few other random pieces that I'm sure I left out but other than what you and the others stated your good. The cross member is the same, as well as the drive shaft.

bigaF250

Reaction score
Ya I felt your drift big d. I'll just have to figure out something in the wiring for starting the truck, maybe a button instead of having to depress the clutch or having a neutral safety switch. That would also make a great anti theft system as well

Last edited:

DcMoore

Reaction score
You have to jumper a couple wires to get the cruise control to work properly and I believe you have to jump another wire to get it start..Due to the lack of the neutral safety switch.

farm boy

Reaction score
Talking to a local guy about a straight swap. At least this way I have a core and the correct flex plate and transfer case

Are you currently in Midland or Colorado?

I'd be willing to do a swap. If you would provide a new clutch, We could trade straight up.

Meet at TSD in San Antonio and let them do the install?

I have a fully built Auto with Billet Shafts, and a triple disc converter. Maybe 30k miles.

Stonepusher, How much did the swap run you?

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
You need a modular (gasser) case for this swap to work on a 6.0

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.