Converter question

08strokin

Reaction score
Hey guys I need some advice on which converter to get. I'm going to be running Midwest Diesels billet 66 single and I was thinking about running the 1800 stall converter. The questions I would like to ask are is this converter going to be good for DD and a good match for the single? I also occasionally tow my rock crawler quick is around 7k will this affect which stall converter I should be looking at, and to my final question which brand do you recommend DPC, Suncoast, RCD or something else. Thanks for your help guys.

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
2200 stall, DPC or precision industries stallion converter, you won't be able to tell the difference between the stock stall 1800 and a 2200, I just switched back the other week to a stock converter and can't tell the difference, other then it sees less boost from a dead stop cause of the lower stall.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Hit me up when you need a converter. I can usually turn a custom stall dpc over within a day of purchase.

twitch02x

Reaction score
Oh he'll you talking about the picture. I've tried a couple times to get it straight it stills shows sideways

Canadian6.4

Reaction score
Ok, fairly new to the diesel world and very new to autotrans. What is the stall on the converter and how does it work in relation to the rpm you choose it to stall at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twitch02x

Reaction score
If you have a factory stall of 1800 then you can push brake and gas at same time and the engine should rev to 1800 before it tries to start pushing vehicle, the point of a higher stall is to get the. Engine into its power range.

Latest posts

Members online