Coolant Filter Question

davey99ps

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to install 1 of these on my friends truck that I just got done doing a sinister egr delete an oil cooler. After seeing those pics, I better get off my @ss an get it done, cuz that looks pretty damn nasty

Donnie1

Reaction score
It was the WIX 24070 filter that came with the Sinister kit.

I went with the CAT ELC Concentrate and did the flush as described in the directions. Only exception to that was that I was unable to remove the drivers side plug.

I will be changing the next filter in about 300-500 miles and will tear it apart again. After all the replies from other places, I am very concerned now about the longevity of the new oil cooler.

My temps are only a few degrees apart at 70 mph. I will definitely be keeping an eye on them. The coolant that was in the center of the filter once removed was as red as it could be. So hopefully the filter is doing it's job and collecting as much as possible. I will be doing another oil change as well. Not sure if it will help, but it damn sure can't hurt.

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Interesting...I put mine on a few thousand miles ago, getting ready to flush out the system with water and refill with ELC...I can't imagine what mine will look like if yours was that bad with those few miles!

Donnie1

Reaction score
Interesting...I put mine on a few thousand miles ago, getting ready to flush out the system with water and refill with ELC...I can't imagine what mine will look like if yours was that bad with those few miles!

I'm thinking of doing another flush as well. Just not sure what that will do to teh new oil cooler.

Anyone know if the oil cooler can be replaced without removing the mainfold again?

Donnie1

Reaction score
Next Filter Change Pics

Now I am completely confused.

I just changed the filter again after about 400 miles from the last one. This one is alomost completely clean.

Only difference with this filter is that is the NAPA 4070 and not the WIX 24070. But that shouldn't matter I wouldn't think.

NewFilter1.jpg

NewFilter.jpg

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Now I am completely confused.

I just changed the filter again after about 400 miles from the last one. This one is alomost completely clean.

Only difference with this filter is that is the NAPA 4070 and not the WIX 24070. But that shouldn't matter I wouldn't think.

NewFilter1.jpg

NewFilter.jpg

Weird...Mine was on for over 3k miles and it didn't even get as dirty as these pics...maybe you just didn't get it clean enough and the first filter caught the breaking down sludge and the second one got more sand and crap..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.