Coolant level/degas bottle

patc11

Reaction score
My coolant level falls just below the cold line and stays there. Even when i bought it last year before i deleted everything it was at that level. I bought a new cap didn't put it on yet, could that be the case? I see no visible leaks either. Next question is holy sheet does my degas bottle look like hell. Like someone spray painted the bottom half black. When i was removing the coolers i tried to wipe that crap off but no success, what would cause that. Was like that when i bought it stock at 29k. Thanks for taking the time to read this long ass post.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Mine goes about 1" below the full line. If I fill it back up it will push it back out again until its about 1" below the full line again. Always been that way.

patc11

Reaction score
I put a new cap on and got any air that may be in it out. Not sure which one it was but it hasn't gone down since. Ill run it for a few miles tommorow and keep checking, but so far so good.

DWhite

Reaction score
Good to hear and maybe that fixed your problem. Let us know how it works out after a few days.

patc11

Reaction score
Damnit was just a tease! It fell back ha. Wonder if i have a slight leak in the degas somewhere? Im putting and aluminum one in so that should give me space to look for leaks.

patc11

Reaction score
Not puking anywhere so im at a loss. Especially being that it was that level when i bought it from the stealership

Latest posts

Members online