Cooper ST Maxx

josh.williams506

Reaction score
So I'm finally going to pull the trigger on new tires come tomorrow or Monday! I'm getting 275/70R18 Cooper ST Maxx! It has been a long time coming.
I want to have the front end checked out to make sure nothing is wrong (which I have a feeling something will be work out). After dropping the coin on these tires it will have to wait.

When I have it aligned, after reading around, I'm going to tell them to align it as close to factory specs as possible with the thrust angle as well as I want it to track straight with no right veer?.
I have a shake/hop when cruising that gets worse at speed which I'm thinking could be a busted tire? I had the tires rotated and balanced and the front end checked once before and it never did fix it . The tech had said the alignment was fine. Any thoughts on this? I'm paranoid I'll buy the tires and they'll get ruined.

josh.williams506

Reaction score
Well, it took longer than I planned to get them. I had them put on yesterday and so far, they are AWESOME! They look far better than pictures show. My ony dislike is I got 275/70r18's instead of 285/65's previously. They aren't quite as wide which is on me.

2C67B03A-921D-4D42-8B8D-13B7089D36E8_zpst8eajfdu.jpg

5A966585-DBCF-44BD-8254-208FD4516B9F_zpssu6bsant.jpg

B7030C0D-57F8-4D50-99CA-0A479A078A04_zpsvsyualcl.jpg

0C7D79C7-F0D1-4B7F-9AA9-2A9AF775FD1C_zps2hlxesxb.jpg

josh.williams506

Reaction score
Thanks. I haven't gotten to take them off the asphalt yet, so I cant attest to their performance in that category. I can post updated information if anybody wants it as i rack up miles. (Wear, noise, performance, etc.)

Dzchey21

Reaction score
My dad has a set and they are a nice tire. They clean out really well and ride super nice. He's hooked on them.

sagebel

Reaction score
I'm thinking about these for my dually. Either in 255/80/17 or hopefully I can swing some new wheels and go with 275/65/20. I'm in for updates as well.

josh.williams506

Reaction score
As for snow/slippery surfaces, I can't say. Sometimes we'll get a little snow here in middle TN and sometimes we don't. I may be able to get into some either at my grandparents or my cousins place in Northern Ky. So far I absolutely love them. I probably have around 500 miles or so on them. These may honestly be my go to tire for any vehicle I own.
My only regret is the size I chose. I didn't know if a 295/70r18 would have fit.

karlosrig

Reaction score
Nice choice. I had the ST Maxx and they are aggressive off the road. The only thing I don't like is its poor traction in the rain.

6.4sleeper

Reaction score
They seem to do pretty well in the snow! As long as you aren't goosing it everywhere they're pretty nice.

6.4sleeper

Reaction score
Update in the rain, it was raining pretty heavy last night on my way back to college and they like to hydroplane just a tad. But I think thats pretty common with this meaty of a tire.

josh.williams506

Reaction score
Well with the rain we've had so far, they've done pretty good. It wasn't a down pour but it was a decen rain nonetheless. It wanted to hydroplane once, but I hit a fairly deep standing pool at speed.

My one complaint at this point....these tires WILL pick and and throw rocks!!!

Wear is good, I haven't measured but by eye I can't see a difference. I should have close to 2 or 3 thousand miles now. I'll get them rotated and balanced in the coming week or two.

verifine

Reaction score
Any other updates on these? Have you had any snow to try them out on? Looking to try something different for my next set of tires and got these in my crosshairs

n54power

Reaction score
Me and my dad recently did a montana elk/ mule deer.
During the 10 hunt the highest temp/lowest temp was 1*/-30*
they did very well on frozen snow,towing and hitting back ice was easy to control.

josh.williams506

Reaction score
So far no snow. I honestly doubt we'll see any down here this year. All the reviews I had read before I bought them claimed they did great. I'm still loving the tires. They did well in the rain we had a few days ago. I still have nothing but good things to say about them.

verifine

Reaction score
I bit the bullet and ordered some 295/70/18 ST Maxxs, they are being mounted this morning. We got some fresh snow in the past couple of days to put them to the test. They look awesome in person cant wait to go for a drive

josh.williams506

Reaction score
Well I'm due for a rotation this week. The tires are still doing great and look good as well. I'll have to buy a depth gauge to get an exact measurement but it does't seem to be much wear at all.

raptor

Reaction score
I have the same set up on my truck and if you get an shaking feeling from 45 on up I had my road forced balance and now they ride awesome and they are great in snow and mud and pretty good when it rains but i have hydro planed them on highway at 65 miles hour and that's a scary feeling but I can say the wear is great i have 38 thousand miles on mine and they still are close to new

Latest posts

Members online