Correct wheel offset for a 2003 F350

Mdub707

Reaction score
My buddy just picked up a new truck, so I'm not really sure of the specs of what is currently on the truck. It's a 2003 7.3 4x4 CC/SB. It has a lift of some kind, probably in the 8-10" range. Rolling on 20" wheels, tires are 39.5x13.5x20. They look silly narrow on there and they rub on the leaf springs when turning. Not terribly so, but still rub. He is wanting to put 40x15.5x20's on here now, and was asking me about wheel spacers. I'm not a huge fan of spacers, never have been and it seems like a cheap way out of doing things the right way, especially on a truck this nice. (FWIW, he can machine the spacers at work for no cost what so ever, so I'm sure that's the reason he wants to go that way) What would be the proper offset wheel to run on this truck with that new tire size 40x15.5? I'm guessing current wheels are 20x12 judging by how the tires look on the wheels, there is no sidewall budge one way or the other, they look perfectly square on the wheels. What's everyone's thoughts on spacers, am I being paranoid? Would he be ok with a ~ 1" spacer on every corner?

Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online