Could use a little help. Video inside

AllanB

Reaction score
Anyone want to see if they can give me a verdict on this video. My son was driving it when this happened. So I am really not sure what all was going on at the time this happened. What ever it is that happened. I have some thoughts on what could cause this, but would like to hear from you guys that have a lot more experience with diesels than I do. The truck has been sitting up about 1 year, and the video is the first time it was cranked in this time period. My son told me that the excessive smoking is what happened when he shut it down, and had it towed to the house. Thanks in advance for any and all help with this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lz8bytbQRE&feature=youtu.be

AllanB

Reaction score
04cr450, thanks Bud. I am going to tear into it in the next week or so, and will just go ahead and pull the injectors. Send them off for inspection, and repair as necessary. I will let them know that it is suspected one might be stuck open. Thanks again Bud.

Anyone else that might have a suggestion. Guys I am open to any suggestions you might have. The more I get, the better. My son has had this truck for a little over 3 years and I just got it back. This was always my favorite of all trucks I have owned. I am about to throw a little money back into it, and see if I can get her back in decent shape. What I am hoping to do is "hopefully" get her back running right just long enough to fix the rest of the issues it has, and sometime after that send it to one of the shops on here, and get a built motor for her.
I just bought a new 6.7 Powerstroke, I still have an 08 with a 6.4 Powerstroke (that I need to sell lol) and now I have the old 6.0 Powerstroke back in my stable. I do like the easy power of the 6.4ltr, and I do like the 440hp stock power of the 6.7ltr. But honestly. I have always liked this truck with the 6.0ltr in it from the day I bought it. Other than the awesome sound of a 6.0ltr at WOT I really do not know why it is probably my favorite of all. Could be the body style on these trucks. It was always my favorite body style also. For whatever the reason is, it has been my favorite, and I wouldn't mind seeing her somewhere close to the shape she use to be in.
Any help here guys would very much be appreciated. Just a little more info. I checked it for blow by and it is the same as it always was. Not enough to mention.

AllanB

Reaction score
Blue Waffle, thanks for the help. I only ran it that short period just to make the video. Because I knew I could turn to PSA to get some help with a diagnosis. It is off now, and will remain that way until I get this sorted out. Thanks to you and 04cr450 for taking your time to help me out. I will start pulling the injectors within the next 3 or 4 days. When I find the problem, I will take some pics and get back to y'all.
Thanks again

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.