Couple of questions??? Hope someone can help!!

Awaugh

Reaction score
K guys I have a 2012 250 with a 6 inch lift and im havin a couple issues. Issue #1 is when im goin down hill applyin the brakes and turn the wheel left or right I can feel a pulsing in the brake pedal. But if the traction control is turned off it doesnt do it. Anyone seen this before or hav an idea on a fix?? (Tires are 37/13.50/20 toyos) Issue #2 when I ordered the tires and whhels I had the tire pressur sensors installed. Took the truck into the local ford dealer to hav the sensors "turned on" and they told me that the machine couldnt detect the sensors??? Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanxs

Spatel23

Reaction score
sounds like something with your ABS was left disconnected, probably when your lift was installed.

Did you install the original sensors that came with the truck or aftermarket sensors? They probably wont be able to program aftermarket sensors.
If you simply told the tire shop to swap sensors from your stock wheels to the new ones, it seems that they did not do that.

907DAVE

Reaction score
I would check the steering damper per TSB # 11-6-14 first.

Basically you need to remove the damper and compress and extend it with the stud end pointing up and the bushing down - constant resistance should be felt.

Awaugh

Reaction score
The sensors are aftermarket. Didnt kno if there is something special I needed to do to get my truck to reconize them

907DAVE

Reaction score
Do you have an ABS light or TMPS light?

If no- your sensors are fine.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Don't you have a mini max in the truck? You can turn the sensors off with it.

Sent while.....

Awaugh

Reaction score
No I dont have a mini max yet. Just dumped bout 6k in the lift etc... But hopefully soon. I would think there would be someway tho to get the truck to pick up the aftermarket sensors.

Latest posts

Members online