cowl mounted fuel psi gauge

Reaction score
pic 1
take a 1 1/2"PVC pipe,, place a mark about an inch..turn the pipe a half turn and place a mark at about 3 3/4" with masking tape connect the two lines and make you cut..

pic 2
on the gauge you will see a rubber plug..find out where the plug slides into the PVC pipe and with a dermal grind just enough for the plug to slide in..if you don't the fluid inside the gauge will leak... I also wrapped the gauge with black tape where the plug is to help protect it better...

pic 3
there are 4 screws holding the cowl in place.. remove them and the wiper blade...under the hood remove the plastic channel from the cowl..figure out where you want the gauge and cut out the fins in one row of vents so the hose will fit though,,,

pic 4 and 5
now make a bracket like this..mine threads onto the gauge...

Attachments

• pod mod 002.jpg
    pod mod 002.jpg
    417.5 KB · Views: 93
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    407.5 KB · Views: 88
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 90
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    587.7 KB · Views: 79
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    578 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Reaction score
pic 1
place your pod and gauge on the out side of the cowl and clamp it together like this...

sorry no pic's
now get your hose cut to size..mine is tapped into the regulator for my return kit... I don't have pictures but drill a hole in the firewall for the hose..mine is next to the wires for the wiper motor and I used a rubber grommet,,..put every thing back together and it should look like pic 2-3 and 4 when done..

not sure why the pictures are blurry..sorry guy's

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    678.2 KB · Views: 84
  • pod mod 003.jpg
    pod mod 003.jpg
    423.1 KB · Views: 104
  • year 3 002.jpg
    year 3 002.jpg
    417.9 KB · Views: 113
  • year 3 014.jpg
    year 3 014.jpg
    428.8 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

Mattmann

Reaction score
pic 1
take a 1 1/2"PVC pipe,, place a mark about an inch..turn the pipe a half turn and place a mark at about 3 3/4" with masking tape connect the two lines and make you cut..

pic 2
on the gauge you will see a rubber plug..find out where the plug slides into the PVC pipe and with a dermal grind just enough for the plug to slide in..if you don't the fluid inside the gauge will leak... I also wrapped the gauge with black tape where the plug is to help protect it better...

pic 3
there are 4 screws holding the cowl in place.. remove them and the wiper blade...under the hood remove the plastic channel from the cowl..figure out where you want the gauge and cut out the fins in one row of vents so the hose will fit though,,,

pic 4 and 5
now make a bracket like this..mine threads onto the gauge...

That looks good man. Will the weather mess it up?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
been on the hood for 5 years now but has been parked for the last 2 years..we have 2 good months of well bellow 0 weather and it hasnt failed yet....I have 30 bucks invested and the only downfall so far.. there isn't a light in these gauges..

Extended Power

Reaction score
Good thinking for a manual fuel gauge!

I'm old though....that would be too far away for my poor eyes to focus on...lol.

Latest posts

Members online