cps 10mm bracket bolt

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Damm guys I'm a idiot I have been turning it the wrong way, that's sad I even looked up which way and others told me counter clockwise. It's my fault though because I didn't even try the other direction. I feel like a freaking stupid a**. I will try again in the morning but turning it the right direction. Thanks again everyone I'm learning a lot from everyone on here.

Sorry to always ask for help and never able to offer help.
OK I went to youtube again and watched 2 videos where the guys turned the nut counter clockwise, am I missing something here lol?

Last edited:

Strokersace

Reaction score
The 7.3 is lefty loosy if looking at the engine from the front. So counter clockwise.

The 6.4 is the opposite. It’s righty loosy.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
I must say after reading what you guys wrote I don't feel so bad anymore. My only problem I have now is I still don't know what way to turn the f**king nut lmao!
Just want to say thanks for the help, I think. Lol

Arisley

Reaction score
Correct the fan is NOT reverse threaded. Counter clockwise will loosen it. Put the wrench on the nut sticking straight up. Hit it with a BAH (Big Ass Hammer). Leave the belt on. It will break loose.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Yep it was counter clockwise to loosen which is the way I had been turning it. Good thing because if not I was tightening the hell out of it. It finally broke loose, I sure hope the actual fix goes smoother than this nut fiasco.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Hey just a update got the helicoil installed truck back together and so far she is running good. Doing a coolant flush. When we took the old thermastat out the rust was unbelievable. The last owner said he did a flush, bullsh*t. I'm just running distilled water in it and gonna empty that out and run the good coolant. Not a true flush but atleast I can get some of that other Crap out of the system.

I just wanted to thank everyone that replied it was a huge help.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
if the rust is that bad you may want to run the ford VC9 iron cleaner through there during a 1.5 hour flush. and also make sure you are pulling both block drains to get everything out. rear of block, 1/4 drive pipe plug.

fastersteve

Reaction score
Hey just a update got the helicoil installed truck back together and so far she is running good. Doing a coolant flush. When we took the old thermastat out the rust was unbelievable. The last owner said he did a flush, bullsh*t. I'm just running distilled water in it and gonna empty that out and run the good coolant. Not a true flush but atleast I can get some of that other Crap out of the system.

I just wanted to thank everyone that replied it was a huge help.

Good! Not as big a deal as you expected, was it?

JCart

Reaction score
Nice, glad it’s up and running. On most my trucks I try to install a coolant filter, that puts SCA into the system automatically, via the filter. Surprising how much keerap is circulating in the galleries. It on the list for most current rig just down a ways..

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
if the rust is that bad you may want to run the ford VC9 iron cleaner through there during a 1.5 hour flush. and also make sure you are pulling both block drains to get everything out. rear of block, 1/4 drive pipe plug.

I wasn't gonna pull the plugs just try to drain it the best I can without doing that. I know there will be some left in block but I'm gonna run distilled water in it like I am now drain it then fill it with water again do that a couple times. I'm gonna run shell rotella elc in it which is red.
Ran it in my last 7.3 with good results.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Good! Not as big a deal as you expected, was it?

I had a guy I know that's a mechanic do the helicoil and he made it look simple. The rest was just bolting back what I took off the truck so it wasn't to bad. Next on the list is the front bearings on both sides I need to do.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Nice, glad it’s up and running. On most my trucks I try to install a coolant filter, that puts SCA into the system automatically, via the filter. Surprising how much keerap is circulating in the galleries. It on the list for most current rig just down a ways..

Yes it's amazing the Crap in there. I can't believe the radiator wasn't plugged with the stuff heck it might be. I installed a new degas bottle and cap when I put it back together and it didn't take much to fill it back up maybe 3-4 gallons of water that's it full. I figured it had air but I drove it about 60 miles and the level didn't drop. Next day I'm gonna a drain it all and fill it with water one more time to try to clean out the old coolant and stuff. I run the heater on high also to run through the heater core also. Then after I drain that I will put my new coolant with more distilled water and should be good.