Cracked block evidence

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Decided to do an oil change today to see how badly coolant has been mixing in the crankcase. I've known that my blocks been cracked ever sense the truck was back up and running after my build was finished. Top the fluids off and the coolant bottle will be dry after 2 days of driving, or a week of sitting. Oil is only about 1000miles old with a lot of wot runs and a couple nitrous runs.

Pulled my CCV off to find this puckering sight.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371696491.639347.jpg

As you can see, there's a pretty good amount of milky white sludge under that valve cover. Oil came out of the pan like warm chocolate. Very thick to say the least. The 1" CCV hose was restricted down to 5/8" die to sludge build up.

And here's the filter

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371696616.421776.jpg

I'll post a picture or video of how thick the oil is when I get a new oil filter.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
second stud back on both sides, im sure its not the front cover

Bummer buddy your bearings are ***ED!!!

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Preciate it guys. It sucks, but its just part of the game. Hitting the track this weekend to see if she blows. Hopefully it'll hold up so I can take it to worlds.

78f100

Reaction score
Pour some blue devil in it and let her eat. Your bearings are most likely damaged if your oil was that bad. I'm driving mine every day and the bd is holding up so far. I have 5k on it so far but I am gonna pull it in a few months and partial fill the block, if she is still holding ...lol.
Good luck, hope it holds for a while!

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Its coolant stop leak. Its patched a couple trucks so far.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Preciate it guys. It sucks, but its just part of the game. Hitting the track this weekend to see if she blows. Hopefully it'll hold up so I can take it to worlds.

Oiling down the track racing something you KNOW is wounded is kind of a dick move, and can be pretty dangerous if it wings oil all over the track under your rear wheels.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Oiling down the track racing something you KNOW is wounded is kind of a dick move, and can be pretty dangerous if it wings oil all over the track under your rear wheels.

Its not like its knocking or anything

MINK

Reaction score
I know what you're saying but I agree with Dustin. If the truck was leaking or showing other signs then I would be more worried than knowing your bearings were exposed to water and your engine simply isnt going to live to its full potential.
Its not like its knocking or anything