Cracked nozzles.....

dzldoctor

Reaction score
Could that bend a rod? I almost believe it could,but have not seen it personally.

DZL JIM

Reaction score
I've seen some big MACK injectors, you could almost look through a hole on one side clear through out the other side. 5 holes I think, something like .040" each hole.
How in the world do those nozzles hold together?

Gearhead

Reaction score
Should these bigger nozzles like the 400s be going to a 6 hole or less to keep the nozzle intact? I have a set of John Link Nozzes on my race truck that are probably the only ones that will ever hold together, but they are like a unicorn since John is dead.

baderic03

Reaction score
Haha matt that's great. I'm ready for this 12v in my truck and get on tuning my Trans for it next week. I'm going for 1000rwhp fuel only 2.6 charger

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Should these bigger nozzles like the 400s be going to a 6 hole or less to keep the nozzle intact? I have a set of John Link Nozzes on my race truck that are probably the only ones that will ever hold together, but they are like a unicorn since John is dead.

Are your john link nozzles 6 hole?

I've seen some big MACK injectors, you could almost look through a hole on one side clear through out the other side. 5 holes I think, something like .040" each hole.
How in the world do those nozzles hold together?
Thats your job to figure out ;)

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score

Were the nozzles John used start out as a stock factory nozzle? And what size are they? The nozzles most everyone uses now are a bit different material than the factory nozzle. This may possibly be where this problem lies.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Were the nozzles John used start out as a stock factory nozzle? And what size are they? The nozzles most everyone uses now are a bit different material than the factory nozzle. This may possibly be where this problem lies.

I would think if someone could come up with a nozzle that would hold up, they could make some money off of it. There are plenty of people running 200% for the sheer fact of being scared of 400s.

I personally would put 400s in almost everything if it wasnt a worry of cracking.

There has got to be a material out there, obviously money is the issue, but has anyone look into the actual cost increase?

Gearhead

Reaction score
Mine are 7 hole, just superior material I assume. They were on Stroked Out when it was still heui.

Latest posts

Members online