Cracked primary fuel bowl...

Motostroker

Reaction score
Ok diesel company's.....somebody make an aftermarket billet cap! I'm tired of replacing mine. I change filters every 7500 miles and either the plastic nut strips, or the tab at the tap on the bowl breaks when it is tightened down.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Ok diesel company's.....somebody make an aftermarket billet cap! I'm tired of replacing mine. I change filters every 7500 miles and either the plastic nut strips, or the tab at the tap on the bowl breaks when it is tightened down.

ok , gimme a few weeks.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I wondered when this would Happen... I asked about it in one of my threads awhile back... seams like the broken fuel canister is happening more often... I would think that there would be a lube that made for easy removal and install... hope mikey comes up with something. I have a cousin that does custom small run production with his cnc machine that could prolly make one too. But like I said, hope mikey comes up with something!

live life full throttle

6.7strokin

Reaction score
I always put a very light coat of new engine oil on the new o ring when I change the filter. It keeps the o ring from grabbing while tightening up the bowl.

gloan93

Reaction score
At 10,000 miles I didn't put any oil on my o-ring anyways truck wouldn't start etc finally did suck air etc. so I tightened down an when I did the filter turned an I heard a piece of plastic break! But my truck started an now I'm at 22,000 miles wondering dang did I break something that when I go to changed filters it won't work again or what. :lookaround: I'd buy something else!:thumbup:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
At 10,000 miles I didn't put any oil on my o-ring anyways truck wouldn't start etc finally did suck air etc. so I tightened down an when I did the filter turned an I heard a piece of plastic break! But my truck started an now I'm at 22,000 miles wondering dang did I break something that when I go to changed filters it won't work again or what. :lookaround: I'd buy something else!:thumbup:

No way in hell I would be driving that. How do you know your not sucking air or it was the filter that cracked and your pushing nasty **** through your pump?

live life full throttle

gloan93

Reaction score
If it was sucking air wouldn't it throw a code? Also it shouldn't be running like a scolded dog which it is. I've looked I don't know what broke :shocked:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
If it was sucking air wouldn't it throw a code? Also it shouldn't be running like a scolded dog which it is. I've looked I don't know what broke :shocked:

No clue bud. Just a possibility I guess. if your not worried about it then give er hell...

live life full throttle

gloan93

Reaction score
Haha will do man! When I change my filter here soon I'll report if something bad happens knowing my luck the whole filter Housing will break! I do know you have to have the housing TIGHT! Wonder if they can be over torqued?

ghohouston

Reaction score
I still dont see how yall are breaking these things. If you go slow when tightening the caps, you feel the cap hit the locking tab and the sensor and harness line up. Done

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I still dont see how yall are breaking these things. If you go slow when tightening the caps, you feel the cap hit the locking tab and the sensor and harness line up. Done

This^^^. I actually grabbed on to it with both my hands and tightened it til it hit the stop. Had to take it off with a ratchet though.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online