Crank no start

nvme_63

Reaction score
Had a customer vehicle come in, crank no start with p0003, and p0091 codes, with IDS on it rail pressure on cranking was 25psi with 5k desired psi.

Replaced the pump and harness (used pump from a member on here, per customer request).

Still crank no start, now IDS is showing 220 psi while cranking, I have bleed high and low pressure sides.

Still get the codes, did I get sold a bad pump or do I have another issue I'm over looking?

nvme_63

Reaction score
I believe low side it's fine, bowl fills, frees are good, and low side bleeder is passing fuel like it should. That being said, I didn't check it with a manual gauge or anything.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
My guess is a leak under the valve cover if you indeed have good supply pressure

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Well i guess i overlooked the codes a little bit

You are throwing VCV and PCV codes for circuit low

Im not positive but i think that is codes for shorted to ground

Might have a harness issue somewhere

nvme_63

Reaction score
Had a blow fuse for the pump, that's why I replaced the harness and then this issue was still there, so I threw a pump on it. No more blown fuses, just not enough RP to start the truck

nvme_63

Reaction score
But I believe they are still present. But RP has increased since the new (used) pump was installed, just not enough to run the truck, that's what leads me to believe there is no issues under the valve covers. I'm going to plum a gauge in low side when I get home, I think I need to also ohm out the harness from PCM to pump.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I just dealt with a problem like this and we were able to build 1900 psi without the truck starting

All due to a line damn near off one of the injectors

Truck.started and ran with just a huff of ether

nvme_63

Reaction score
Ya that's a lot more pressure, I went from 25psi to 220psi, truck won't do anything on starting fluid. No smoke at at all from exhaust.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
The truck wont start with ether? Thats crazy this truck barely took any, even with 2000 psi it wouldnt smoke either, it had us baffled for about 4 hours

nvme_63

Reaction score
Ok after some work, I no longer have a p0003 DTC, p0091 still remains. Truck will not fire, with a gauge hooked up to low pressure bleeder I'm only getting 5 psi supply pressure. I that enough to cause no start?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
no pretty much any pressure should make the truck start.

That p0091 still hints at a harness issue for some reason, unless by luck you got a used pump with a bad pressure control valve

Latest posts

Members online