Crankcase, Compression, Oil

Mike_6.0

Reaction score
Well this is my first time posting to this site. I own a 2005 6.0 that I had recently bulletproofed and added a new power max turbo. I use the truck for occasional play and I pull a 25 foot camper with it. The truck has less than 10,000 miles since the work and a new transmission.

I changed the oil in the truck just before I parked it for the winter and I only drained out 8qts of oil (less than 3000 miles on oil change). I haven't noticed any blue smoke and the engine runs great with no codes. I have my CCV routed to atmosphere and it does have quite a bit of white smoke coming out of the hose and smells bad. Same when the fill cap is off but it does not push my dipstick out.

From the exhaust I noticed my soot is fairly oily. I am wondering if a bad turbo seal is causing oil to be pushed out of the exhaust?

I have a gauge made up that I am hoping can test CC pressure with. The gauge is a 0-30 in. HG vacuum and 0-30psi. I plan on plugging my vented crank case hose and getting my reading from the dipstick tube. Anyone know what a good "with in spec" reading in PSI I should get at WOT and warm? I'm just trying to figure out where the oil went. No oil leaks either.

Thanks

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Crankcase pressure spec is measured in in of water, and i believe the spec is less than 10in.

Latest posts

Members online